Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookie03

Yummy Choc Chip Cookies

Stephi,

These cookies made me sick........cause I ate too many :P

They were so good I couldn''t stop eating them. Thank you so much for this recipie.

My husband just left for work and brought half of them with him :angry:

France

Stephi,

These cookies made me sick........cause I ate too many :P

They were so good I couldn''t stop eating them. Thank you so much for this recipie.

My husband just left for work and brought half of them with him :angry:

Haha, I'm so glad to hear it-- not that you got sick of course, but that you enjoyed them as much as i did :D One thing i forgot to mention about these cookies is that you have to guard them with your life-- b/c even non-celiacs will go crazy for them :P

Okay Gang, here's an idiot proof cookie recipe. And by that I mean, if I can make them, anyone can. And it took me 3 or 4 tries to get them right.

From Carol Fenster's Wheat-Free Recipes and Menus.

1 1/4 cups flour blend

1 tsp xanthan gum

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 cup shortening or margarine at room temperature, or Spectrum spread

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1/3 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1 extra large egg

1 cup chocolate chips (she says gluten-free/DF)

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

I just made these are they are the best gluten free thing I've ever made. I'll never go back to a dry ready made store bought.

My revisions were

I cup of Pamela's baking mix plus

1/4 cup of Montina all purpose flour

I used butter instead of margarine

more choc chips and walnuts

yum yum I love these I didn't know you could make a good gluten free cookie. I so wowed.

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.

This recipe looks like the one that was in Gourmet magazine last fall. I have been searching high and low for extra finely ground brown rice flour. The woman who developed the recipe said to get it from authenticfoods.com I have looked into getting it online, but a small bag of flour shipped to Calgary would cost me in the neighbourhood of $30 and I just can't afford that :( I might try regular brown rice flour, but she does warn that that will make the texture of the cookies gritty, and I am so so tired of gritty tasting baked goods. Maybe someday I'll win the lottery and I will buy some flour and spend $16 on a loaf of challah bread from a site in NYC.......................

LORI

Dx celiac disease Aug 25/05, ate KFC that night and gluten-free ever since

Ok, I tried these cookies again tonight and used the recipe posted by Linda ~~ the kids like them, but they just don't have the regular "cookie consistency". The taste is good. It must be the fact that I cannot use "egg".

Next time, I'm making them as a bar cookie!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Ok, I tried again tonight and used a slightly different recipe that called for Egg Replacer (Ener-G) instead of the eggs. It worked... they came out like real cookies!! :D

So, for my fellow egg-less bakers, if you try this recipe use Ener-G egg replacer to replace the egg and a bit of extra water also.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.