This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Distended Stomach - Lots Of Pain - I'm Confused!

DingoGirl

ebrbetty Rising Star

"So I was crying and getting so mad that I told my DF (fiance) that I should just go back to eating gluten, I'll probably always be sick anyway! Then he started getting angry with me saying, it's not even been 4 months yet! You have to give it time. I said, I just want a doctor to tell me, 'everything is going to be fine eventually. Just do this this and this and give it this exact amount of time, and then you'll not have to worry about it anymore.' But of course, none of them have said this to me"

Danielle, I swear I had the same conversation with my hubby a couple nights ago..are we married to the same guy??!! LOL

I was just posting in another thread about this and lying in bed crying from pain after eating "safe" food.

Hugs to you!

Betty

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

danikali Enthusiast
"So I was crying and getting so mad that I told my DF (fiance) that I should just go back to eating gluten, I'll probably always be sick anyway! Then he started getting angry with me saying, it's not even been 4 months yet! You have to give it time. I said, I just want a doctor to tell me, 'everything is going to be fine eventually. Just do this this and this and give it this exact amount of time, and then you'll not have to worry about it anymore.' But of course, none of them have said this to me"

Danielle, I swear I had the same conversation with my hubby a couple nights ago..are we married to the same guy??!! LOL

I was just posting in another thread about this and lying in bed crying from pain after eating "safe" food.

Hugs to you!

Betty

Haha, that's so funny! I try to imagine what he feels like when I feel hopeless, so I try and tell him just to leave me alone when I'm feeling like this. I don't like bringing him down with me, especially after being in such a good mood before dinner, and then completely falling apart after dinner, but I don't know what else to do but cry....?

I wish he could read this post. Maybe I should print it out to show him that who wouldn't get a little crazy if they were on the the same rollercoaster we are.

Anyway, hugs to you too, Betty!

ebrbetty Rising Star

yup, its a roller coaster all right. we eat lots of chicken, because my belly can handle that better. I'm so paranoid about food now that every night after dinner I get scared the pains are going to start up, I just wait for them :blink: as soon as the grumbling starts I think "oh, S*it here we go again"

my hubbys great about eating anything I make, but I do try and cook him a non gluten-free meal a couple nights a week.

when I first got my blood tests back I was so excited, thought I'd just eat gluten-free and feel great..ya sure, besides the pain, I think thats part of why I get so frustrated and upset

we'll get through this somehow, sometimes a good cry is very much needed.

take care

Betty

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Thank God for this site though because I know I'm not alone. But on the other hand, I get kind of scared seeing how a lot of us don't seem to get 100% better! (Don't get mad at me anyone, please) But I wish the 'old' celiacs would write more on how wonderful we will all feel once we get through this 'healing process.' (I mean, is there really a 'healing process' when we keep getting sensitive to more and more foods? Doesn't that set us back? Okay, I'll stop worrying everyone now.......)

But I do understand you, that's all I was getting at! :)

Ohhh.....I DO feel your pain! I don't think anyone will be mad at you at all, and I think you're right - we should start a separate thread for ENCOURAGEMENT from veteran celiacs who feel so much better now! Great idea.

Last night I just started eating icea cream, didn't care, but it wasn't that good so I was able to stop after a few bites....stomach today - - ugh. NOt as huge as I thought it would be but still..... :huh:

jerseyangel Proficient

Betty, I think I'm following you around the board :D ! Anyway, I second (or third?) the notion of a thread of tips and encouragement from all of the veterans here. I know there is a lot we can learn from them!

Veronica Rookie

I HATE what this disease does to my body...and my life!!!

I really don't know how my husband puts up with me! I'm so moody and always feel sick and tired. :angry:

He has told me how it hurts him to see me feeling like this all the time. He's very supportive & my best friend. He's one of the main reasons I'm trying to stay gluten free. I think if I ate gluten and developed a giant zit 1/2 the size of my face overnight I would then stay away from it. :ph34r: But the food doesn't always make me sick right away. Sometimes it takes mins, days, weeks, it's always different.

I used to work part time, but I had to quit because of the way I was feeling, missing too much time, going through tests. I was diagnosed in Aug/06. I tried to get my job back after explaining my illness to them, but they said not right now.

I'm trying to adjust to this new diet, but I have NO self control. I've been hefty all of my life because I LOVE FOOD!! :blink:

This is exactly like a roller coaster ride. I want off!!! :o

danikali Enthusiast
I HATE what this disease does to my body...and my life!!!

I really don't know how my husband puts up with me! I'm so moody and always feel sick and tired. :angry:

He has told me how it hurts him to see me feeling like this all the time. He's very supportive & my best friend. He's one of the main reasons I'm trying to stay gluten free. I think if I ate gluten and developed a giant zit 1/2 the size of my face overnight I would then stay away from it. :ph34r: But the food doesn't always make me sick right away. Sometimes it takes mins, days, weeks, it's always different.

I used to work part time, but I had to quit because of the way I was feeling, missing too much time, going through tests. I was diagnosed in Aug/06. I tried to get my job back after explaining my illness to them, but they said not right now.

I'm trying to adjust to this new diet, but I have NO self control. I've been hefty all of my life because I LOVE FOOD!! :blink:

This is exactly like a roller coaster ride. I want off!!! :o

I'm sorry to hear yet another one of us is always frustrated. And I know what you mean about wondering how your husband puts up with you. I'm sorry your company isn't that understanding. I've taken LOTS of days off due to this disease too, before diagnosis, now I just have to take a lot of half days because there are no doctors offices open later than 5PM in NYC and they don't have Saturdays... :angry:

Anyway, cheer up because I understand, and a million of us here do too. Keep your eye on the 'Veteran Celiac' thread, that's what I'm going to do so I can get my hope back and get rid of my worries.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CMCM Rising Star

I hear all of you! But I think it gets better...for me it is. The first 6 weeks after my diagnosis I was in some kind of denial, I think. I'd feel better and get "celiac/dairy amnesia" and think I felt so good, OK, I can have this or that. And the next couple of days, sometimes that very evening I'd feel terrible. I did the roller coaster thing for about 5 weeks, I think. Then after my last "episode" (an unfortunate date with Sara Lee Pecan Coffee Cake), I got so sick, it's like a cloud lifted and I had this feeling of "enough is enough." I'm suddenly not tempted by things in the same way that I was....I guess because when I think of all the things I formerly liked, that thought is accompanied by a negative association of the way I'll feel if I eat it...so I don't really have any craving, just a sense of sad regret that I can't eat those things any more.

Now I'm just concentrating on establishing a solid dietary universe of foods I can handle with no problems because I've realized that feeling good is more important than a momentary indulgence with some lousy food. And I also realize that for a lot of things, I may have to rotate foods so I'm not having things every day. Food allergists will always tell you rotation is a good idea for anyone.

Archived