• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

BamBam

I Think I Was Glutened

Rate this topic

I purchased some deli meat Sunday and ate a sandwich and it feels like there are pieces of glass going through my whole abdomen and lower back. I just feel awful. I never thought of gluten being in deli meat. I should no better, Huh! I just feel awful.

sorry you are not feeling well. You really must watch everything that you put in your mouth. I do know that Dietz & Watson and Boar's Head deli meats are gluten-free, but again you must check it one. I only eat the corned beef and turkey so I'm not sure about the rest of them.....

hope you get better soon.

mamaw

If you order your cold cuts from the deli counter (as opposed to buying the pre-packaged kind), you need to ask the salesperson to clean the slicer they will be using for your order. Of course, you still have to check and make sure what you order is gluten-free--not all prepared meats are. I think the safest way to go is to buy the pre-packaged kind that you know is gluten-free. Hope you feel better soon! :)