• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

what dressings are ok and what brands, i love newmans vinagarets but im not sure if i can have them now. same with Krafts zesty italian one of my favorites, i have just been avoiding dressing for now

Kraft is celiac friendly. Just read the ingredient list. If there is a source of gluten it will be clearly disclosed. Look for the words Wheat, Barley, Rye or Oats. If those words are not present in a Kraft ingredient list, then the product is gluten-free. Most Kraft dressings are gluten-free, but there are a few that are not. I can't remember the specifics for certain, but I think the Caesar and Creamy Russian may be the exceptions. Read the labels and you will know. As best as I can remember, all the Italian variations are gluten-free. Just read the label and you will be fine :)

This goes for other Kraft products as well. Kraft will clearly disclose gluten in the ingredient list for all of their products. There are many other food producers with the same policy, and lists have been posted here many times. A partial list, somewhat dated, but still useful, is:

Manufacturers that clearly list gluten sources on the label. Note that a couple disclose wheat only. March 3, 2005 updated list:

Aunt Nelly's

Balance

Baskin Robbins

Ben & Jerry

Betty Crocker

Blue Bunny

Butterball *lists wheat only

Breyers

Campbells

Cascadian Farms

Celestial Seasonings

ConAgra *lists wheat only

Country Crock

Edy's

General Mills

Good Humor

Green Giant

Haagen Daz

Hellman's

Hershey

Hormel

Hungry Jack

Jiffy

Knorr

Kozy Shack

Kraft

Libby's

Lipton

Martha White

McCormick

Nabisco

Nestle

Old El Paso

Ortega

Pillsbury

Popsicle

Progresso

Russell Stover

Seneca Foods

Smucker

Stokely's

Sunny Delight

T Marzetti

Tyson

Unilever

Wishbone

Yoplait

Zatarain's

I usually buy the Wegmans salad dressing. It is marked gluten-free right on the bottle. I have never had any problems. I also use the Wishbone Italian and Kraft Ranch both without any problems.