• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

swittenauer

Atlanta Georgia

Rate this topic

I just did a posting on Gatlinburg but totally forgot that we are going to Atlanta, GA on vacation before that. Anyone know of a good website that lists any gluten free restaurants or of any specific places in Atlanta or near that offer gluten free food. We are going to Stone Mountain for a few days but will be really close to Atlanta. Thanks for any help you can give us.

I was just in Atlanta at the end of March to see my sis and went out to eat a few times. We went to Stone Mountain and did eat at Miss Katie's Sideboard Restaurant. They had very little for me to choose from, but I did have a burger, no bun and some green beans. I am not completely convinced the green beans were safe (lots of flavorings) and they didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. PF Changs was great....very accomodating. Ted's Montana Grill was so-so in Buford, but I have eaten at others that were wonderful. It could have just been the server. Chik-fil-a is great for fast food...waffle fries are okay, chargrilled chicken salad and ranch are all okay. There is a Harry's (Whole Foods) there, but I found that Kroger also had just as much gluten-free to offer as they did (and they were cheaper).

That is all I can remember for now. If I think of anything else, I'll post back. Have fun! :)

I live in Lilburn which is next to Stone Mtn -

the only place I've eaten at with success

is the Longhorn Steakhouse on Hwy 78/Killian Hill Rd

in Stone Mtn/Lilburn. The manager knew what

I was talking about when I gave the server my dining

card. I have many food allergies too and they

were very accomodating. There are a few places

in the Midtown/Buckhead area of Atlanta but as

a rule I typically don't eat out. There also is an

Outback Steakhouse on Hwy 78 in Stone Mtn. that

you might want to try but I've never been there.

Hope you have a good trip!

Well, I was hoping to hear something wonderful. We were hoping that there was a place or 2 in that area that someone may have had luck with or that understood what celiac was. I know you all know, we just get a little tired of eating at the same places even though those select few are awesome.

Well, I was hoping to hear something wonderful. We were hoping that there was a place or 2 in that area that someone may have had luck with or that understood what celiac was. I know you all know, we just get a little tired of eating at the same places even though those select few are awesome.

I can't vouch from personal experience, but there is a local group here that I just joined that eats out together on a monthly basis and publishes info about the places they ate on their message boards, including the gluten-free menus. Join the group at http://www.meetup.com/browse/, search for Celiac and use zip 30050. Go to the message boards and you will find the gluten-free menus. Some of the restaurants are: R.Thomas, Blue Ridge Grill, Cedar Creek Grill, Carrabas, Cheesburger in Paradise, Smokey Bones, On the Border, PF Changs, and Outback. PM me if you have any problems. :)

Hope you enjoy your trip! B)

Sorry I missed this....on vacation when you posted. We eat out about once a week and there are the usual chains but I've found the higher end places are much more Celiac aware than most chain places they supposedly know what gluten is.