Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rikki Tikki

Candy Or Chips

There are only 2 things that I ate that are new to me. One is a three musketeers candy bar and the other was salt and pepper lay's potato chips. Does anyone know if these are gluten free? I am sure I have ingested something with gluten because I remember these symptoms very well :(:(:(

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Three Muskateers is gluten-free.

Don't know for sure about the Lays. I worry about cc with chips.

Sorry you're feeling bad. Between the new name and the new avatar, I almost didn't recognize you!!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Three Muskateers is gluten-free.

Don't know for sure about the Lays. I worry about cc with chips.

Sorry you're feeling bad. Between the new name and the new avatar, I almost didn't recognize you!!

:D:D:D

Hi Carla

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

Hi Tavi--my money's on the chips.

Hope it passes quickly :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

First lesson, don't eat anything if you're not sure it's gluten-free.

Lay's has serious CC problems on some products.

richard

Besides possible cross-contamination, there are a number of chips that also have hidden MSG in them. Just look up the symptoms that causes and you may be surprised. It's a major cause of Diabetes for one thing, which has been known since the seventies. Yet the packaged food companies (and sadly, also gluten-free food companies) use MSG as a "flavor enhancer". It does this by over-stimulating certain parts of the brain, making the person perceive a sensation of the product having a higher fat content than it really does. That's how many products achieve a fuller flavor with less calories and fat on the label. Often the MSG is listed as some form or another of yeast. You might see "yeast extract", "hydrolyzed yeast", or even something as bold as "nutritional yeast". All of these are added for the naturally occurring free glutamic acid, which is how they get the MSG into the product without actually explicitly adding it. Otherwise it would have to be on the label, and the public is too informed about it for the product to sell well that way. OK, sorry for the rant...

Here's an eye-opening link for you:

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Those chips are probably what caused the symptoms. Some people have had problems with brands that are made on the same lines and then end up with cross contamination issues. I have problems with certain chips. 3 Muskateers are gluten free. I agree though...if you don't know for sure that something is gluten free then you should not be eating it.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com