This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

CarlaB Enthusiast
Punch

Open Original Shared Link

Counter punch

Fruit punch

Pink lemonade

:)

Those are great! I actually had read that first article before. But, we're not talking in general ... we were talking specifically about me and my lack of smarts in looking at a picture you posted while eating .... so, what is your IQ anyway? Is it really 4 points higher than mine?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TriticusToxicum Explorer
Those are great! I actually had read that first article before. But, we're not talking in general ... we were talking specifically about me and my lack of smarts in looking at a picture you posted while eating .... so, what is your IQ anyway? Is it really 4 points higher than mine?

I don't think we want to take this to the arguing with one another thread, do we? ;)

A smart man (not to say that I am one) never argues with a woman. So you're right you are smarter than I. It was ignorant of me to post such things during the breakfast hour. (you eat awfully late by the way ;) )

CarlaB Enthusiast
I don't think we want to take this to the arguing with one another thread, do we? ;)

Sure, lets! Or we can just keep arguing here ...

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Sure, lets! Or we can just keep arguing here ...

See my edit of previous post :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
A smart man (not to say that I am one) never argues with a woman. So you're right you are smarter than I. It was ignorant of me to post such things during the breakfast hour. (you eat awfully late by the way ;) )

It was lunch. :) Leftover pasta and a chicken leg from the celiac meeting last night at Maggiano's.

Have you heard the story of what Adam said to God? Adam was commending God on how great Eve was, she was so soft, so nice, so pleasant to talk with, fun to be around, etc. Then Adam asked, "But why did you have to make her so stupid?" God answered, "So she would like you."

TriticusToxicum Explorer
It was lunch. :) Leftover pasta and a chicken leg from the celiac meeting last night at Maggiano's.

Have you heard the story of what Adam said to God? Adam was commending God on how great Eve was, she was so soft, so nice, so pleasant to talk with, fun to be around, etc. Then Adam asked, "But why did you have to make her so stupid?" God answered, "So she would like you."

See, now if I turned that around i would be in BIG TROUBLE :P

My wife isn't stupid, and she still married me - nah-nah-nah-nah!

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Cocaine BAD

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest melannen
Cocaine BAD

hahaha I love it when people do the same thing over and over thinking it'll work this time around! :lol:

Random question for you all-

I'm going to be knitting myself a hat and want to knit a message into it. It'll be in Morse code so I'll be able to say anything I want. But I don't have any ideas; the hat I got the idea from said "I am stinky" :lol:

Any ideas?? I want it to be something that will make me smile/laugh every time I wear it :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

How about "Smile beautiful" It can be a secret message to yourself!

Or it can say "I have a crush on ____" ;)

Jestgar Rising Star

I just went to a talk that was about high altitude sicknesses. He talked in detail about the medically relevant ones but also mentioned HAFE High Altitude Flatus Explosions. (Explosive farts at high altitude), so you could put AAFE (Any Altitude...)

Guest melannen
How about "Smile beautiful" It can be a secret message to yourself!

Or it can say "I have a crush on ____" ;)

My first thought was something Susan told me: Men are like busses, there's another one every five minutes :lol:

I just went to a talk that was about high altitude sicknesses. He talked in detail about the medically relevant ones but also mentioned HAFE High Altitude Flatus Explosions. (Explosive farts at high altitude), so you could put AAFE (Any Altitude...)

hahahaha

Mtndog Collaborator

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking "Hang on little tomato"- I just love that phrase!

Guest melannen
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking "Hang on little tomato"- I just love that phrase!

That's cute!

I couldn't sleep last night so I started swatching for this hat. For anyone that doesn't knit, swatching is the act of making a swatch. A swatch is a test piece of knitting that you're supposed to make so you can see the size of the stitches and drape of the fabric produced by using this yarn with those needles. Haven't found the right combination yet, and have no idea about colors either, but it's a start :)

Anybody else have smile worthy sayings I could use??

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, my daughter says "boys are stupid"

DingoGirl Enthusiast
My first thought was something Susan told me: Men are like busses, there's another one every five minutes :lol:

hahahaha

ha ha ha ha - - that is TRUE for your age - - it was true for me until about age......42? maybe? not as true any more. And that is FINE with me...... ;)

Well, my daughter says "boys are stupid"

yes! that would be a good one for the hat. Also the any altitude farting thing....but people WILL ask you whta it says...... :blink:

hey, how about "Hey, Nonny, nonny" from this:

"Sigh no more ladies, sigh no more,

Men were deceivers ever,

One foot in sea and one on shore,

To one thing constant never.

Then sigh not so, but let them go,

And be you blithe.... and bonny,

Converting all your sounds of woe

Into hey nonny, nonny, nonny.

Sing no more ditties, sing no more

Of dumps so dull and heavy,

The fraud of men was ever so,

Since summer first was leafy."

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oh, I should add, the one who says boys are stupid, is beautiful (of course :lol: ), is boy crazy, and is only 11!!!! She's a very wise girl, if you ask me!! She is also the ONLY one who can call her dad stupid (Dad, you're so stupid) and get away with it!!! :lol: She'll dress up really cute if she's going somewhere a cute boy is going to be ... really funny.

Guest melannen

here's a pic of a Morse code hat: Open Original Shared Link

It says "I am a ninja" :D

I'll see if I can find a link to the "I am stinky" one

TriticusToxicum Explorer
here's a pic of a Morse code hat: Open Original Shared Link

It says "I am a ninja" :D

I'll see if I can find a link to the "I am stinky" one

one of my alltime favorites..."i'm with stupid --->"

DingoGirl Enthusiast

.....that ninja girl looks kind of possessed or something....... :D

Guest melannen

Found it!

"I am stinky" :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Found it!

"I am stinky" :lol:

Thanks, I just sent the link out to all my knitting friends

Guest melannen
Thanks, I just sent the link out to all my knitting friends

Some other amusing (at least I find them amusing) knitting links you/they might enjoy

Open Original Shared Link <--this lady sells this stuff :ph34r:

Open Original Shared Link <--the turkey hat

Open Original Shared Link <--this site doesn't update anymore but I love browsing their archives

Jestgar Rising Star
Some other amusing (at least I find them amusing) knitting links you/they might enjoy

Open Original Shared Link <--this lady sells this stuff :ph34r:

Open Original Shared Link <--the turkey hat

Open Original Shared Link <--this site doesn't update anymore but I love browsing their archives

:lol:

LOReallyLoud, at work. I'm pretty sure every man needs a willy warmer, but out of mohair??? More like a willy itcher

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol: Willy Warmer :lol: --it does look itchy!

This reminded me--who was it that posted the knitted digestive tract last year? I'll see if I can dig it up.

TriticusToxicum Explorer
:lol:

LOReallyLoud, at work. I'm pretty sure every man needs a willy warmer, but out of mohair??? More like a willy itcher

I don't think I've ever been cold enough for THAT - and believe me I'VE BEEN COLD!

Wool makes me break out, I can only image what goat would do!

Archived