Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

num1habsfan

For Those Also With Dry Hands..

My hands are super dry this winter already, they never get this bad. They are so dry they are raw and nearly bleed and make me look all wrinkly.

Anyways I went home this weekend so I went to my drugstore and I think I buy 99% of the products under 1 brand name (in fact it was me who suggested they get it in in the first place haha), but they DID have the handlotion!

I've only used it yesterday/today and it helps..it doesnt burn to raw skin, dries fast, etc.

Its called "Cliniderm Soothing Lotion" ... and pricy--$9.99, not including GST...but I think its worth it!!

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thank you for the info--I have emailed the company to see if this is available here in New York. My hands are already getting so rough.

Nice to see you, hope you are feeling better than the last time we talked. Deb

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Thank you!

I got home from work last nite where I clean so much and wash my hands constnatly...I made my boyfriend do the dishes because I couldnt' bear to get my hands wet one more time! The tips of my fingers are all dry and crackly!

I'll look for it.

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Sounds great. I donno if we have that around here or not. Last year my hands were like yours and the entire suface of my hands were bleeding....I got to were I could barely move my hands or do much of anything. I found that Gold Bond Ultamate worked miricles on my hands very quickly but this lotion is the tickest lotion I have ever ran into. Although it did soak in quick. Even my husband who hates lotion uses it. I will have to try this one and see if it works any better. I donno if any of you use hand sanitzer but I know of one that will not dry your hands out it actually helps moisturize them made by 3M. We have used it for almost a year now. Last winter we used it at least 20 times a day while our daughter was hospitalized for 3 months. If anyone wants to know more about it pm me.

Myself-Age 25....I have had symptoms since at least 1998 if not since infancy (was diagnosed with malnutrition as a small child)...Positive results with gluten free diet!

Hannah-Age 5.....Has symptoms....Inconclusive blood tests....Positive diet response to both gluten free and lactose free!

Grace-Age 1.....Born at 29 weeks due to me having celiac....Has reflux and a feeding tube.

Husband-Not Celiac......has found that he does feel better when not eating allot of gluten.....is gluten free at home.

The problem is that your hands are dry from lacking skin oils, and these water-based formulas either soak in or evaporate. What little residue rinses right off.

I mix up equal parts of cocoa butter, coconut oil, and jojoba and heat until warm and mixed. Just a drop or two at first until you get the hang of it, but it can be used on any dry skin. After I have some on my hands, I run a bit through my hair to keep it silky. It even keeps down static flyaways in the winder.

Nothing

I find if we use antibacterial soap in our house, two of my kids and I get cracked, bleeding hands in the winter. If we use non-antibacterial soap, we don't. I even send my kids to school with non-antibacterial soap.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I find if we use antibacterial soap in our house, two of my kids and I get cracked, bleeding hands in the winter. If we use non-antibacterial soap, we don't. I even send my kids to school with non-antibacterial soap.

Well we do use antibacterial soap (at home, and I do here in Yorkton) but I always have to wear gloves when doing dishes so I dont actually contact the soap...and the other one I use is Dove for Sensative Skin so that dont eat up my skin either :lol:

Hopefully you guys can find this in the U.S.!!

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Well we do use antibacterial soap (at home, and I do here in Yorkton) but I always have to wear gloves when doing dishes so I dont actually contact the soap...and the other one I use is Dove for Sensative Skin so that dont eat up my skin either :lol:

Hopefully you guys can find this in the U.S.!!

~ Lisa ~

I'm not talking about washing dishes, I talking about hand soap. Most of them are anti-bacterial ... seems you have to go out of your way to find one that's not!!

Thanks for the tip on the lotion.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I'm not talking about washing dishes, I talking about hand soap. Most of them are anti-bacterial ... seems you have to go out of your way to find one that's not!!

Thanks for the tip on the lotion.

Yes, AND those foolish anti-bacterial soaps are finally getting the press they deserve- they only contribute to bacterial resistance to antibiotics! We NEED to be exposed to a few germs. I've refused to jump on the anti-bacterial bandwagon because it doesn't make sense to me. Those hints for dry hands, though, are all greatly appreciated. I'm still using Lubriderm and hoping it's still gluten-free!

lisa