Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A while back I bought some gluten-free pancake mix that used orange juice as the liquid. The pancakes were the best we've tried so far but I failed to take note of the brand. Does anyone know which one it might be? I likely mail ordered it. I've looked in the stores but can't seem to find it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I haven't seen one with orange juice, but the Kinnikinnick brand uses Club Soda.

I made pancakes from that mix when my parents were visiting and of course I served everyone before I sat down. My Dad couldn't tell the difference and gave my H--- for breaking my diet. I had to show him the package :lol: They are yummy and I make them all the time now. They also heat up really well, so you can freeze them if you want to make extra.

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

If you can't find it, try the biscuit and baking mix from Bob's red mill. They have a pancake one as well, but the biscuit mix makes fluffier, better tasting cakes.

Ryan

Positive blood work May 06

Positive results with diet change

A while back I bought some gluten-free pancake mix that used orange juice as the liquid. The pancakes were the best we've tried so far but I failed to take note of the brand. Does anyone know which one it might be? I likely mail ordered it. I've looked in the stores but can't seem to find it.

My daughter has additional allergies so that brand is out I think because some of what they make has soy in it. I also don't like having to buy club soda, but thanks.

If you can't find it, try the biscuit and baking mix from Bob's red mill. They have a pancake one as well, but the biscuit mix makes fluffier, better tasting cakes.

I did try that and wasn't impressed. The problem is she has additional allergies so if you need to add eggs or milk to the mix the subs don't work very well. The one with the orange juice was really good both in flavor and in texture. And it isn't really "fluffy" that I am looking for. Although I haven't eaten a regular pancake in years the ones I'm thinking of were not fluffy at all but "hearty". That's how these came out.

Glutino has a pancake mix that is relatively new to their product line--less than a year, I think. We tried it a few months ago and were delighted with it. You won't believe that they're gluten-free. They are delicious and fluffy, just like I remember the "real" pancakes that I haven't eaten in more that six years. They contain corn and milk ingredients, but if these are not a problem for you, try them--you'll love them.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Yes, but do any of these mixes list using orange juice as the liquid? That is really the only one I am after. I've tried all the others. No complaints really but the one with the orange juice was the best. I just can't remember what brand it was.