Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know of a good tasting lunch meat that is easy to find at the local grocery store besides Carl Buddig. Thanks

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Anyone know of a good tasting lunch meat that is easy to find at the local grocery store besides Carl Buddig. Thanks

I've bought some that is labeled "gluten free" right on the package but I can't recall the name. It's the more expensive type and is usually located in the deli section rather than with the other meats. I've bought both ham and turkey.

Guest Doll
I've bought some that is labeled "gluten free" right on the package but I can't recall the name. It's the more expensive type and is usually located in the deli section rather than with the other meats. I've bought both ham and turkey.

Perhaps you're thinking of Freybe? Their meat sticks are great! :D

I suggest Columbus Meats, all varieties are gluten free (and very tasty!). I especially like the peppercorn crusted hard salami and the Italian turkey. You can find CM at Trader Joes ;)

Diagnosed & gluten-free - April 2004 :)

Of the prepackaged, I like Hillshire Farm the best. Jenny O second.

Oscar Meyer, I've never really cared for.

All 3 are gluten-free, at least the Roast Beef and Turkey ones I buy. There ends up being so many different kinds so I'd still check.

Actually about 30 minutes ago I just finished a roast beef, colby jack, cheder, bacon sandwich on toasted gluten-free bread.

mmm... bacon.

"If I start fighting a war... I guarantee you'll see something new" - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I found Dietz & Watson at my local Shaw's deli counter. This store took the slicer apart and sterilized it in front of me when I asked for a clean dedicated slicer. I was told any deli will do this if you ask. The staff said even if they are busy, if I request this service due to medical reasons, they have no problem with it.

The only meat listed on the site as not gluten-free was a couple of flavored Chicken Breasts. The Bacon Lover's Turkey, Virginia Ham, Roast Beef, and Pastrami are great. I put some of the turkey and ham along with Cracker Barrel cheese pieces in a salad for my husband. Makes a good meal. I tasted a slice of the Sante Fe Turkey and while it's good, it's a bit too spicy for me.

Here's their site if you want to check them out. www.dietz&watson.net

=^..^= Debbie

Cool /corney story about Boar's Head. Mybest friend was riding in the car and heard a Boar's head add and in the add they actually said they are gluten free. She got so excited because she knows my DD was just diagnosed so she called me as soon as the add was over from her car! LOL Of course Boars head is hard to find where I live but it was still cool to hear since where I used to live in GA all we bought was Boars head!

DD almost 8 Dx Celiac and Chronic gastritis 9/2007 gluten-free since 9/2007 seasonal allergies and mold allergies.

DS 5 seasonal allergies and dustmite allergies.

DH Ulcerative Colitis, had colon removed 10/2000, has Jpouch and doing great!

Me Hyperthyroidismdx 2004 was on meds for a yr went into remission 2005 with the stress of my DD Celiac DX my thyriod acted up so I am back on meds.

DiLusso brand deli meats now advertise gluten free. I don't know if they are available everywhere but we live in the midwest.

We love all their meats, especially the rare roast beef. We make a killer Philly Steak and Cheese. Saute a little green pepper and onion then add roast beef just long enough to heat. Place in a Kinnikinnick hot dog bun, top with mozzorello cheese, brush the bun with a little melted margarine and place in a hot oven until bun is toasted and cheese is melted. OMG