Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi peeps i would like to no if any of the following would contain gluten or any dairy as i have this put in my curries GARAM MASALA=Coriander,cumin,ginger,black pepper,cinnamon,pimento,black cardamon,bay leaves,cloves,nutmeg,star ainseed,green cardamom, or Turmeric powder

i would also like to know if the (whisky) JACK DANIELS WOULD CONTAIN (GLUTEN) or any toiletries like colgate toothpaste,shampoo,soap,etc.....

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

the spices themselves should not contain gluten - HOWEVER - some companies put gluten in spices to help keep them from clumping or whatever. I am not sure which brands are safe; I'm sure someone else will answer that, or you can search for safe spices.

Join eNewsletter

McKormick/Schilling herbs and spices are supposed to not contain hidden gluten.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

the spices themselves should not contain gluten - HOWEVER - some companies put gluten in spices to help keep them from clumping or whatever. I am not sure which brands are safe; I'm sure someone else will answer that, or you can search for safe spices.

The safest option is to buy whole spices and grind them your self.

Coriander,cumin,star ainseed,black pepper -> THESE JUST GENTLY ROAST THEN PUT IN A MORTAR AND PESTLE

cinnamon,nutmeg -> NEED GRATING

black cardamon,green cardamom,bay leaves,clove -> THESE I PUT WHOLE IN A MUSLIN BAG AND COOK IN THE CURRY AND DISGUARD AFTER

ginger,pimento -> DRY YOUR OWN FROM FRESH ... WITH GINGER YOU CAN EVEN USE SOME OF THE PART YOU USUALLY THROW WHEN USING FRESH

Turmeric powder -> STILL USE THIS AS POWDER, BUY A GOOD BRAND

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter