Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ridgewalker

Gluten-free Bar Suggestions, Please?

Wow, I am soooo glad I'm not the only bar addict here. (Hmm, that could be taken badly, but you know what I mean. ;) )

I have a TERRIBLE habit of not eating all day and then eating all evening. :ph34r: That's gotten even worse since being gluten-free and not having my bars at hand.

Now I have lots of new ones to try! :wub:

I tried them anyway, but yuck. :P

I had the same reaction my first time. The only ones I could really tolerate were the cinnamon and apple ones.

I love KIND bars. They have dates, nuts, and fruit. I would not consider them a meal replacement bar, rather for a cookie fix.

I do like kind bars as well. Lots of nuts and fruit, but more nuts :) I had to stop eating them though, because I have bad TMJ problems, and they're kinda crunchy.

Bumble Bars - nuts and seeds. I don't see crack listed on the label, but it must be in there because these are addictive!

:)

LOL! These ones are pretty decent, I only REALLY like the chocolate one.

Oh, and another bar that hasn't been mentioned yet is PureFit. A lot more like a "power bar"...at least, from what I remember of power bars. More chewy, and pretty good. They have peanut butter, almond, and chocolate brownie flavors. If you visit the website, there's a sample kit you can buy, it's like $5, and you get one of each. I did that, and was pretty impressed. Couldn't decide on a favorite though. And never got around to ordering more. Wish they had them at my local HF store. Easier than buying online.

http://www.purefit.com/

These are the BEST. http://www.carbritediet.com/store/html/category.cfm?id=45

They are gluten AND dairy free which is good b/c I'm allergic to both. (and wheat.) These taste amazing, no aftertaste.

The ONLY problem I have with them is that they are sugar free as well - and that can upset your stomach if you're sensitive to it, so I can't eat more than one a day. You can buy them cheaper on Amazon. (or buy the $3 sampler, they'll send you 5 bars) I sound like I work for them but i dont :lol: it's just so hard to find bars that are free of everything i'm allergic to, so if these every went out of production i would die. seriously, starve to death.

(oh and for the record - Soyjoy bars taste like dirt. That's even insulting to dirt.)