Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shelly D.

Yeah The Olympics!

I love the Olympics!! Go Micheal Phelps and my hero..Dara Torres. Can you believe a 41 year old woman can look so great?

"AAARGH, it's drivin' me nuts"

Positive Ab. SIgA tests for milk, soy, egg, and gliandin July 9, 2008

Never cared for milk, and can't tolerate soy.

Gluten-free since July 9, still working on milk products and avoiding all of soy's many faces.

Diagnosed Celiac disease July 11, 2008

Added almonds and garlic to the list of intolerables Aug. 11

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We're watching the women's gymnastics right now. The Olympics are cool. Earlier they had the synchronized diving, which was really cool B)

*Jessica*

IgG + IgA + TtG -

Family History of Celiac

See 'about me' for more info

gluten-free Since: 11/02/08

The men's swimming relay race was AWESOME! Started with some trash talk to get everyone fired up. Beat the old world record by 4 seconds. I think even the fifth place finishers beat the old world record. WOW!

Michigan

That was an amazing moment last night with the 400m relay!!!!!!!!!!!!! The last leg swimmer was an entire full body length behind and to catch up and win it, OMG, so exciting!!!!!!

Dara Torres is such an inspiration too. I hope she does well in her upcoming events.

I remember that 33 yr old gymnast from years ago. I didn't realize she was still competing until they showed that little story about her on the coverage yesterday. I don't know why we didn't hear more about it leading up to the lympics, that's quite amazing to still be competing at that level in such a physically demanding sport. I hope she does well

:o I did see the coverage on her yesterday. This just amazes me. Can you imagine how hard she has to train to keep up with the younger competitors or maybe this just comes natural to her.

I'm glad I'm not the only one watching. It seems like it's not as important as it was when I was a kid. The morning radio show I was listening to didn't even know how many medals Micheal Phelps had won and whether they were this years or last or all together. I realize that this probably means they have a busy life but, sheesh, this is the OLYMPICS. The best athletes in the world competing and representing us.

Mens gymnastics was so distressing last night, I felt so bad for all of the competitors. They didn't seem to be able to focus or luck just wasn't with them. A Japanese guy fell off the pommel horse twice and the Chinese or maybe Russian guy fell off the rings and a guy crashed the landing off the vault. It was amazing to watch.

The synchronized diving fascinates me, how do they do that? I'm lucky to jump in with any amount of grace let alone twist-turn-roll and go in with no splash. I can't wait for the individual events.

Phelps goes for 6 & 7 tonight, woohoo go Phelps. Any of you old enough to remember Mark Spitz? That thick mustache and cocky attitude was such a change from traditional olympian demeanor.

Gluten-free since July 9, still working on milk products and avoiding all of soy's many faces.

I'm glad I'm not the only one watching. It seems like it's not as important as it was when I was a kid. The morning radio show I was listening to didn't even know how many medals Micheal Phelps had won and whether they were this years or last or all together. I realize that this probably means they have a busy life but, sheesh, this is the OLYMPICS. The best athletes in the world competing and representing us.

Mens gymnastics was so distressing last night, I felt so bad for all of the competitors. They didn't seem to be able to focus or luck just wasn't with them. A Japanese guy fell off the pommel horse twice and the Chinese or maybe Russian guy fell off the rings and a guy crashed the landing off the vault. It was amazing to watch.

The synchronized diving fascinates me, how do they do that? I'm lucky to jump in with any amount of grace let alone twist-turn-roll and go in with no splash. I can't wait for the individual events.

Phelps goes for 6 & 7 tonight, woohoo go Phelps. Any of you old enough to remember Mark Spitz? That thick mustache and cocky attitude was such a change from traditional olympian demeanor.

Ya know, I was a little disappointed with the USA gymnastic team. (mens) Did you see how cocky they were. This was a little embarrasing seeing as though they represent the USA. I dont know, they are young and maybe they dont realize how they came across.

They are all really young and this was their first Olympics. I think the fact that none of them made the individual competition took some wind out of their sails though.