Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live4Hiking

Feeling Great gluten-free But.....

I have been gluten-free for 2 months and feel better than I have in years! No more food hang overs, no more headaches, joint aches and bloating, etc. BUT I now have hay fever (running nose, itchy eyes and throat). Is this reaction at all related to Celiac recovery? Dont get me wrong, I would take hay fever over my previous issues any day but it seems a strange coincidence. Anyone else experience this side effect or completely random?

And thanks to all of you for all your help during my last two months!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

you know, I was going to post about this also! I've been having allergy like symptoms much more lately since going gluten-free. I always get symptoms this time of year, but this is differant than usuaal...I almost thought I was getting a cold at first! itchy eyes, runny nose, itchy throat! normally I get sinus infections this time of year, but i guess I'd rather have this....

When I went gluten free, the nasal stuffiness I've had all my life went away and I've had no more sinus infections. So the diet IMPROVED my sinus problems.

I wouldn't think a" gluten free diet" could contribute to hay fever at all ----

CeeCee

Allergic to: wheat, peanuts and Penicillin

1995 severe anaphylactic reaction to Wheat

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently"--- Henry Ford