scorpionco

Increased Urination With Gluten Reaction

Rate this topic

Has anybody out there had difficulty with increased urination after getting glutened? I have been gluten-free since 2002, and this is a new symptom for me. Or maybe I am just now recognizing it. I have had this problem off and on for years, and just recently have linked it to instances of possible cross-contamination. Not sure if this could be from gluten, possible milk allergy/lactose intolerance, or what. But for several days I will urinate large amounts even after not drinking very much water. Any inputs/thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Just curious if this is normal or if some other system in my body has decided to go haywire... :angry:

Chris

Not sure if this is the same or not but both my co-worker and I get pressure on the bladder from swollen constipated intestines when we get glutened. More trips to the bathroom but not higher volume.

I recently noticed the same thing. I will go ike you said in large amounts and sometimes within minutes i will have to go again. its the kind of urge that cannot be ignored and it can be very irritating! i havent been able to ascertain whether ir not it definitely is gluten but i have noticed when i get glutened i usually lose three of four pounds and i am sure part of it is water weight because i also will feel dehydrated

I was linking this to my leaky gut in the early stages of my diagnosis and recovery as it would increase radically after meals. I was also very thirsty before I went gluten free but would not have to go much even when drinking large amounts of water if it was before a meal. As soon as I would eat though I would go into overtime with trips to the bathroom. Wonder if it's because of larger molecules getting through the loose junctions in the leaky gut putting the kidneys on overtime to filter bad stuff out of the bloodstream. Once I got rid of all the glutens and leaky gut triggers I began to reach a much more normal stasis. I am also not thirsty anymore and seem to get enough liquid content from all the fruits and veggies I am eating. I used to crave water all the time and am not diabetic.

I never get constipated, but something internally feels swollen when I get sick and it makes me feel like there's not enough room in my gut....really uncomfortable, painful and I have to pee all the time because I want the pressure in my belly to go away....anything "extra" in there feels like it's pressing on my organs and hurts......I can't even eat too much when I'm in pain. It's like all of the sudden I have a rock in my stomach......and there's no room for anything else.

Has anybody out there had difficulty with increased urination after getting glutened? I have been gluten-free since 2002, and this is a new symptom for me. Or maybe I am just now recognizing it. I have had this problem off and on for years, and just recently have linked it to instances of possible cross-contamination. Not sure if this could be from gluten, possible milk allergy/lactose intolerance, or what. But for several days I will urinate large amounts even after not drinking very much water. Any inputs/thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Just curious if this is normal or if some other system in my body has decided to go haywire... :angry:

Chris

I feel like I'm the opposite. When glutened I retain water like a whale, I'm all bloated and swollen. My skin even hurts from the swelling. I was on diuretics for years for this but when I went gluten-free, I no longer needed them.