OptimisticMom42

? For Vegetarian Celiacs

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone,

Over the last week or so meat has become repellent to me. It smells bad, looks funny. Looking back it seems that I have been unconciously choosing other foods like eggs and peanut butter for most of my meals for several weeks. Also my low blood sugar is not reacting to skipping meals or just eating fruit and coffee. I know this can't healthy .........

What the heck is happening to me? Why does meat smell bad to me? Do I need another vitamin or should I just go vegetarian?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you RA

You preggers?

I rarely eat meat and when I do, it's fish. I think since it's been so long that I've eaten much meat, it NEVER smells good to me. I'm basically an ovo-vegetarian, (occasional fish too), but my kids and dh love steak. I had to hold my breath while I put it in the oven last night because the smell makes me want to vomit!

Don't know if that helps :P

I was vegetarian for eighteen years before being forced to go gluten-free. I was lactose intolerant for about ten years. Even with my further restrictions, I can't bring myself to eat meat. The funny thing is, people look at me more strangely for the wheat that I can't have than for the meat I choose not to.

I've been a vegetarian about 14 years. My husband eats meat, and I would say only fish smells bad to me. It all looks pretty bad, though, and I don't want to eat it.

If the smell's turning you off, then maybe you should look into some gluten-free vegetarian cookbooks. There are a bunch out there, and then you wouldn't have to worry that you're just having coffee and fruit. If most of your meals have been based on meat in the past, it can be a considerable transition. If later on you decide you can have/want to have meat again, then at least you'll have learned some new, interesting side dishes.

:)

Thanks everyone, I think I will check on-line for some good recipes and just go vegetarian for a bit and see if this passes. I wonder how humus tastes on rice cakes?

Celiac-mommy, no I'm not expecting. We love babies but the next one in our house better be a grandchild! :D

I wonder how humus tastes on rice cakes?

Really good!! Also the Rice Works sea salt chips are AMAZING with hummus ;)