kyle1957

Glutenized By Stepson

Rate this topic

Can anyone tell me where and what the cost might be to have Tapioca flour, Corn Starch, Potato Flour and other gluten-free mixes tested for Gluten. My stepson has behavioral issues (to say the least) and I am pretty sure he has contaminated my food sources. He resents his mother having to cook gluten-free for me although he doesn

If you suspect the items have been tampered with please discard them. I don't know how long you have been gluten free but if you are early on you may still be healing, you could be reacting to CC in the kitchen or from other sources but to be on the safe side I would toss them. The day you throw them out it might be a good idea to put your mixes or open containers into a locked cupboard or box. Just to be on the safe side. It also would be a really good idea to seek some therapy for your family. If he is really doing this it needs to be addressed in a nonconfrontational manner. If he is lashing out like that he is hurting and the issues behind it need to be addressed with kindness and understanding.

Well said Ravenwood.

I haven't seen ads for the gluten stick tests lately. They do exist, but I can't tell you how reliable they are.

:rolleyes: Good Luck!

Well said Ravenwood.

I haven't seen ads for the gluten stick tests lately. They do exist, but I can't tell you how reliable they are.

:rolleyes: Good Luck!

That is what I was was looking for is some way to test them. Without knowing for sure I dont Feel comfortable bringing it up in family counseling.

Thanks for your reply

KGJ

That is what I was was looking for is some way to test them. Without knowing for sure I dont Feel comfortable bringing it up in family counseling.

Thanks for your reply

KGJ

Bring it up privately with the therapist. It is not unusual for the counselor to talk to family members seperately at times and maybe they will have some ideas.

Bring it up privately with the therapist. It is not unusual for the counselor to talk to family members seperately at times and maybe they will have some ideas.

As a therapist, I agree. Tell the therapist you're not sure, and you don't want him/her telling your stepson of your suspicions. Whether he's doing it or not, the fact that you suspect he's doing it means your family would definately benefit from some counseling.

• Upvote 1

Keep your mind open to other sources of gluten contamination. There are so many possibilities which wouldn't include your stepson doing it on purpose. We weren't able to remain healthy until we made our whole household gluten free and the non gluten free members were doing their very best not to contaminate the celiac members.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone tell me where and what the cost might be to have Tapioca flour, Corn Starch, Potato Flour and other gluten-free mixes tested for Gluten. My stepson has behavioral issues (to say the least) and I am pretty sure he has contaminated my food sources. He resents his mother having to cook gluten-free for me although he doesn