Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aphreal

Poll Time:

For me, today, I would LOVE some good ole cheese n crackers! Ritz roasted veggie and colby/montereyjack.

Cheese by itself (which is how I now eat it) just isn't the same.

I don't normally crave anything but lately for some reason I would love a big coffee roll from Dunkin Donuts! They're huge--like a glazed donut/cinnamon roll combination. <drool>

Aphreal, have you tried the Glutino Crackers? Not identical to Ritz, but very good with cheese. :)

That's easy... Cheese-stuffed Crust Pizza Hut Pizza. Darn you for making me drool about this. Now I have to go make my own pizza for dinner. :rolleyes:

Ah, to be able to order a beer in a restaurant or bar. I can have gluten-free beer at home, but no bars carry it. I can have a mixed drink or wine, but I love beer!

I agree that Glutino is a pretty close substitute for Ritz. They're pretty good crumbled over broccoli casserole too. :)

Lately I've been craving a big fat restaurant cheeseburger with a toasted (wheat) bun and steak fries. :P

Anything with phyllo dough.

Also my mother in law made apple dumplings the other day and sat beside me and proceeded to ooooh and ahhhh over them. <_< The smell was killing me and I wanted to snap her neck! lol!

The ease of walking into a restaraunt and ordering ANYTHING without having to worry about getting sick. I don't miss much in the way of food (pizza excluded), but the convenience is what gets me. OK, but if I had to pick, Pizza Hut deep dish pizza.

The ease of walking into a restaraunt and ordering ANYTHING without having to worry about getting sick. I don't miss much in the way of food (pizza excluded), but the convenience is what gets me.

This, exactly. Oh- and I'd love a slice of pepperoni pizza from the little pizzeria down the street from my house. They always managed to brown the cheese just right.

The ease of walking into a restaraunt and ordering ANYTHING without having to worry about getting sick.

THIS THIS THIS

Also:

A huge italian sub on crispy cuban bread

A Cuban (sandwich, not the person)

BEER!

Redvines

rice crispies

rice crispy treats

hush puppies

Chick Fil A

Moe's

crusty fresh sourdough

a turkey bacon artichoke panini from Panera

a huge gooey awesome cinnamon bun

Goodness I could go on all day! :P

What's left of the Suddenly Salad (ranch & Bacon flavor) I had to make my hubby for lunch today... that stuff just smells so yummy when it's all mixed together.

And since I have to go to a meeeting this evening, along the lines of what others have said, I wouldn't mind being able to stop at ANY fast food place & know I could pick up something that was safe for me to eat. HAve to get DH Taco Bell on the way there...

i second the craving for a delicious cheeseburger and fries. it hurts to even say that out loud.

Are you anywhere near a Five Guys restaurant? They only do fries in their fryers so those are safe, and you could bring your own bun and have them make you a bunless cheeseburger. In fact, now I'm wanting a burger and fries and a Five Guys trip is sounding like a good idea. :D

:) I would have to have a foot long subway club on parmesan bread with chipotle sauce, or taco bells burrito supreme. maybe even both. can you say bottomless pit? :lol:

Kindred spirits I see!!! I have not tried glutino crackers (have tried others) but now that I have a word on that brand I am gunna.

Ok back to reality my non-glutard friends. I made gluten-free chicken afredo tonight and all is right with the world. Heartland pasta is very good and SO much cheaper than the other gluten-free brands.

xox

My mom's home made whole wheat bread. I could eat a whole loaf as fast she could get it out of the oven. She always made several at once.

Or her home made cinnamon rolls.

Or her chicken noodle soup, hand rolled noodles of course.

Or her tuna cassarole.

Or her lemon meringue or butterscotch pies Wow, she could have won contests with them.

Nobody cooks like my mom did.

Except her mom, (Millie) she was a hot cook too.

If you all tasted my mom's cooking, you would have all been saying that was your favorite food. I feel sorry for ya'll.

Course, with 8 of us to grab the food you had to be pretty quick on the draw too.

• Forum Discussions

Thank you Ranchers Wife.  Since I'm asymptomatic, I would not know if I had gluten. I cannot imagine having to worry about getting sick from cross-contamination. 
    Hi Jenna1028, They test for DH by taking a small skin biopsy from clear skin next to a lesion.  If you have DH, you have celiac disease.  But, you need to be eating a gluten diet for 12 weeks (gluten challenge) before getting the skin bi...
    To the OP, once in a while this stuff happens.  Please feel free to start a new topic if that would make it easier.  I am afraid this is just part of forums on the internet. I hope this didn’t chase you off.