Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Chicken fingers (strips) dipped in egg and rice flour and fried in a little olive oil with oven baked red potatoes. Homemade strawberry,raspberry, blueberry and blackberry sorbet.

Sounds good! I love chicken fingers. It's comfort food to me. And who doesn't like a good sorbet. Yum

drool (brie and baguettes!!! :) ) ... and of course, LUCK!!!! ;)

caio, bella

They didn't rise quite right so I am thinking they will be rock hard. So second choice is Against the Grain baguettes from the freezer or crackers.

Hubs is in a CRAPY mood. Just sent the kids to their rooms and he is grumpy. I told him maybe he needed some fresh air. SHEESH. :angry:

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Tonight I am making grilled pork chops, crashed potatos and fresh steamed green beans. Plus homemade chocolate pudding for dessert, except it's more of a mousse texture.

The little one actually ate the green beans, she ate 7 of them!!! Usually the only veggie she will eat is 2 raw baby carrots and if you try to give her more she throws them on the floor so this was a big step for her.

Happy Valentine Day all. Filet Mignon w/ Brandy Mushroom sauce, herb butter lobster tail, green bean w/ shallots, baby greens w/ cranberries, glazed walnuts goat cheese and raspberry dressing.

Best part of the meal Tiramisu made w/ Schar gluten-free ladyfingers. OMG the ladyfingers held up, not mushy. Dessert was awesome.

Hope you all had an enjoyable evening.

I was planning on cooking until hubby decided we were having pizza. :D I called and ordered scared that I was about to have the worst thing I've ever tried to eat. I barely made it to the car with my box of pizza before I couldn't stand it and tried a slice. I almost died it was so good, it tasted just like pizza! I kind of ate the entire 10-inch pie and am sort of ashamed of myself.

Happy Valentine's Day! We had pot roast, roasted yukon gold potatoes with sea salt and rosemary, romaine salad with pears, toasted pecans and blue cheese crumbles, steamed peas, and for dessert I made these: chocolate cupcakes (Betty Crocker gluten-free devil's food mix) with strawberry frosting and drizzled dark chocolate, with fresh strawberries. They turned out so good!

407804_10150620776923769_766498768_9240607_1737075170_n.jpg

The little one actually ate the green beans, she ate 7 of them!!! Usually the only veggie she will eat is 2 raw baby carrots and if you try to give her more she throws them on the floor so this was a big step for her.

Hurrah! see, I told you she would come around....but I did not think it would be this fast. :lol:

yaay! maybe her appetite has improved?

Happy Valentine Day all. Filet Mignon w/ Brandy Mushroom sauce, herb butter lobster tail, green bean w/ shallots, baby greens w/ cranberries, glazed walnuts goat cheese and raspberry dressing.

Best part of the meal Tiramisu made w/ Schar gluten-free ladyfingers. OMG the ladyfingers held up, not mushy. Dessert was awesome.

Hope you all had an enjoyable evening.

Sounds Fab, Cathey!! (major drool)My tiramisu was pretty darn good (pre DX) and now, I know I can make it again. Thanks for sharing! :)

I was planning on cooking until hubby decided we were having pizza. :D I called and ordered scared that I was about to have the worst thing I've ever tried to eat. I barely made it to the car with my box of pizza before I couldn't stand it and tried a slice. I almost died it was so good, it tasted just like pizza! I kind of ate the entire 10-inch pie and am sort of ashamed of myself.

No shame here, hon! If anyone gets it, it's us! :lol:

last night we had 'skip' - husband is a otr trucker so i told the (grown) kids and their boys they were on their own. i have no idea what they ate nor do i care :) the MAID was off duty yesterday.

husband home today so i am making venison stroganoff w/noodles (tinkyada fettucine) and haaaaarvard beets - one of his favorites. and he brought me home a 'hot dog and a shake' = just what i was hungry for ;)

someday, we are getting our *own* house......... sigh.......

We are having delicious jambalaya with andouille, chicken and shrimp. Unsure of the side at this point but for dessert I made a rum cake with salted caramel frosting.

We are having delicious jambalaya with andouille, chicken and shrimp. Unsure of the side at this point but for dessert I made a rum cake with salted caramel frosting.

Argh, now I am drooling again. Seriously, your posts kill me! Rum cake with salted caramel frosting? Now THAT sounds delicious.

Argh, now I am drooling again. Seriously, your posts kill me! Rum cake with salted caramel frosting? Now THAT sounds delicious.

I've had worse. :lol:

husband home today so i am making venison stroganoff w/noodles (tinkyada fettucine) and haaaaarvard beets - one of his favorites. and he brought me home a 'hot dog and a shake' = just what i was hungry for ;)

Thursday night hubby walked in and I said "not so healthy meal" his reply your making Talipia, yeah but I wanted Mac & Cheese so I made it too. I used the "Tinkyada Brown Rice Elbows" first time ever they were awesome.

Trust me your day will come with a home of your own (No Kids). We have one on his own and the other son lives on campus and graduates in 2013. WOO HOO.

Tonight rack of lamb, and left over vegetables stuffed artichoke, sauteed spinach, strings beans, asparagus and fresh salad.

Enjoy the evening.

I made:

Miso Glazed Cod (it caramelized so nicely!)

Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Aioli

Creamy Cheese Grits

Frozen grapes (frozen grapes are one of my favourite snacks of all time)