jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Baby Back Ribs with Memphis Rub and (homemade) Spicy Sweet Barbecue Sauce

Roasted Chili Fries with Melted Aged Cheddar and Scallions (planks cut into 1/4" wide slices - they were nice and crispy)

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Crispy Capers

Homemade Banana Pecan Bread (I roasted the bananas and pecans first to really concentrate and accentuate their flavours)

Yesterday:

Calvados Apple Cider - Glazed Baby Back Ribs

Ricotta Rosti

Roasted Asparagus drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice

Horseradish Brandy Deviled Eggs

Tonight we are going to my moms to celebrate my sisters birthday and she is making meatballs (made with rice chex) and mashed potatoes with steamed green beans. I am bringing thin rice noodles, spinach, tomatoes and chicken with a bit of Italian blend cheese. For dessert I am bringing Yoplait Splitz (strawberry sundae and strawberry banana split flavors) and my mom bought a gluten free cake that she found at the grocery store.

You are obviously tolerating dairy again, yes LOVEY??

Good for you :)

Irish, I can tolerate most dairy! YAY!!!!! I cannot drink regular milk but I happily use lactose-free milk (and yogurt). Feta still bothers me, too, but I can do aged cheeses and yes, I did ricotta with only a few tummy rumblings. I do not eat young cheese very much at all. In fact, I try not to eat any sort of cheese more than 2-3 times per week just to be sure. But for now that is alright. :)

Stir Fry with Rice Cakes (no, not those rice cakes - the dense chewy ones) and Shaved Asparagus

Strawberries and kiwi for dessert

Irish, I can tolerate most dairy! YAY!!!!! I cannot drink regular milk but I happily use lactose-free milk (and yogurt). Feta still bothers me, too, but I can do aged cheeses and yes, I did ricotta with only a few tummy rumblings. I do not eat young cheese very much at all. In fact, I try not to eat any sort of cheese more than 2-3 times per week just to be sure. But for now that is alright. :)

fantastic! progress--in any form--is cause for celebration!xxooIH

fantastic! progress--in any form--is cause for celebration!xxooIH

Yes, it certainly is. YAHOO and YIPPEE! :P Doing the cheese dance...

Potato Fritters with Homemade Plum "Ketchup"

Grilled Local Cumberland Sausages

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts Leaves with Crispy Sage

Homemade Focaccia Bread

Last night:

Game Hen, rice & petite peas

Tonight:

Corned Beef with potatoes, carrots, leeks & brussels sprouts and applesauce.

Cooking nothing. Had gluten-free pizza and gluten-free beer out at a restuarant, it was aweseome!!!! Home now and feel fantastic, no signs of any cc! :)

YAY!biggrin.gif

Roast Chicken with Moroccan Spices

Whipped Yukon Gold and Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Butter and Pink Peppercorns

Grilled Asparagus with Miso Glaze and Black Sesame Seeds

Quick Cucumber and Daikon Pickle

Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas

Stuff rice tortillas with diced cooked chicken, grated cheese and fresh chopped spinach

Sauce - a mixture of Cream and lots of Garlic, tsp salt and ground black pepper

Top with cheese and green onions.

Bake covered for 15 and uncovered for another 10 or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.

Of course these aren't good for those with dairy concerns and I can't have tortillas...so I make a separate very small casarole at the same time by just layering the other stuff.

IF you don't have a problem with nightshades...add a small can of jalepeno peppers to make the sauce even better.

If you have no problem with corn...you can use corn tortillas.

so simple and very yummy :)

Breast of chicken marinated in Italian dressing (homemade) & then baked.

Potatoes baked & then cut in half, studded with butter & a nice sharp cheddar cheese & then baked again until browned & crispy.

I can't have the butter or cheese so mine was treated with a little coconut oil & lightly sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese as the very hard cheeses are okay for me.

Salad made of baby spring greens and romaine lettuce with leeks, yellow squash, zuchinni, garlic & campari tomatoes. Olive oil & wine vinegar dressing.

tostadas with cheese;

Auto-correct wants to make my first word "dastards". :P

Hmmm! May not be very tasty :blink: although the cheese might help. I imagine you could come up with some pretty creative menus if you let auto-correct write them :o

I've got a bad cold so took it very easy today. I made Chicken a la King with steamed peas. Strawberries with balsamic vinegar for dessert.

I hope you get better quickly love2travel!

Had pot roast here.