Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire Fairy

Gluten Free Casein Free Candy

Any suggestions what sweets are gluten and casein free? I know Sour Patch Kids, Swedish Fish, and I think Skittles. I had found a website of gluten free candy a few days ago but now I can't find it anywhere. I would love to find out there was a easy to find Valentine candy I could safely eat. I don't know why I've never been big on Valentines before and I didn't buy any Christmas candy but for some reason I'd love a little Valentines treat.

If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

I've had a pretty strong head cold this week and have been sucking on Ricola cough drops in various flavors. They are pretty much like a hard candy. Not expensive either.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

I've had a pretty strong head cold this week and have been sucking on Ricola cough drops in various flavors. They are pretty much like a hard candy. Not expensive either.

I knew Halls were safe but I didn't know about Ricola, thanks. I hope you're feeling better now.

But don't eat too many of them because they will give you diarrhea.

But don't eat too many of them because they will give you diarrhea.

Well, I only went thru 3 bags in 5 days. I already had the Big D from being sick so not sure if it made any difference or added to it. Guess I'll have to get some more and find out!

I saw a link on the Ricola USA site where they said they test to 2 PPM or less of gluten. I am not so sure their web site math works tho. .002% sounds more like 2 thousandths to me than 2 millionths. Good thing I wasn't a mathematician. Hmmm. Anyway, I did fine with them.

http://www.ricolausa.com/FAQ/index.php

In the United States, there are no established government standards as to what can be considered gluten-free or what is safe for use in celiac patients. Our products contain less than 0.002% (or less than 2ppm) gluten. We urge you to share this information with your doctor or to contact the Celiac Sprue Association of the USA @1-877-CSA-4CSA.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul