klahusen

Help! Still Not Feeling Better!

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March of 2011 after loosing 25 pounds with all other symptoms, gas, bloating, chronic constipation. Since then I have followed a very strict gluten free diet. Over the past month I have been experiencing the same constipation and this past week has been followed by diarrhoea and constipation as well as more fatigue, weight loss and head aches. I have not been contaminated with gluten and am very frustrated as to what I must be eating that is causing this gluten reaction.

Any suggestions?! Any comments will help! I have been trying various elimination diets but so far feel helpless!

I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. I think as time goes on, we become more and more sensitive to gluten. Are you eating a lot of gluten free processed foods? A lot of those products make many of us really sick. Also, what about another sensitivity such as dairy or soy. I've had to give up all of those things to feel better.

This is the tricky thing, without looking at everything you have been consuming it is hard to say. Assuming your gluten free diet is tight and you have read all your labels (only gluten-free chapstick, cooking spray, etc), your household is clean (meaning no crumbs), and you have been avoiding fast foods, canned, frozen and boxed foods then I would look at other options that could be causing you issues. I know soy gives some issues. I cannot eat high fructose as I have the same issues with it that I do with gluten.

Don't give up, I was in your shoes not long ago. I found I was making lots of mistakes. Once it really got into my head that anything I put in my mouth was potentially harming I took a very different view on what I was consuming.

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March of 2011 after loosing 25 pounds with all other symptoms, gas, bloating, chronic constipation. Since then I have followed a very strict gluten free diet. Over the past month I have been experiencing the same constipation and this past week has been followed by diarrhoea and constipation as well as more fatigue, weight loss and head aches. I have not been contaminated with gluten and am very frustrated as to what I must be eating that is causing this gluten reaction.

Any suggestions?! Any comments will help! I have been trying various elimination diets but so far feel helpless!

So what are you eating? Did you make your house gluten-free or at least change out the things most likely to cause cross contamination? (toaster, collander, scracted non-stick cookware, etc) Do you have pets or kids or a significant other that still eats gluten?

Have you tried eliminating dairy (casein in particular) as strictly as gluten?