Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aly1

Pls Recommend A gluten-free Flour

I want to start making muffins and pie crusts but am reacting to Bob's, presumably from the oats cc. Can anyone recommend a product where this isn't a concern?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I like Pamela's Baking mix. It does have dairy though. I also use Tom Sawyer brand.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

You can grind your own almond meal from whole almonds that works really nicely for muffins. Just food process almonds until they are a nice meal - don't overprocess or you get almond butter. I bet it would be good for pie crust too.

When I don't have time to mix up my own flour blend I reach for the emergency bag of Namaste Perfect Flour Blend I have in the cupboard. I don't react to oats so I can't promise anything but there are no oats in the ingredients and as far as I can tell none of the Namaste products contain oats.

If you're buying Namaste Flour, grab a bag of the Namaste Spice Cake mix and then follow the directions for the gingerbread cake. It's amazing.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

Jules Gluten Free Flour is certified gluten-free and is free of the top 8 allergens, She has posted a lot of recipes. http://www.julesglut...com/Default.asp

I also like Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix and always use it for banana bread and muffins, too.

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

Kroger carries gluten free King Arthur's flour in lots of places, now.

Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Kroger carries gluten free King Arthur's flour in lots of places, now.

King Arthur does not guarrante their gluten free flours are free from gluten free oat CC. I buy Enger G brand flours and mix it myself. No gluten free oat cc with them. Betty Crocker doesn't have any oat cc either. Here is a link I started that may benefit you.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.