Aly1

Pls Recommend A gluten-free Flour

Rate this topic

I want to start making muffins and pie crusts but am reacting to Bob's, presumably from the oats cc. Can anyone recommend a product where this isn't a concern?

I like Pamela's Baking mix. It does have dairy though. I also use Tom Sawyer brand.

You can grind your own almond meal from whole almonds that works really nicely for muffins. Just food process almonds until they are a nice meal - don't overprocess or you get almond butter. I bet it would be good for pie crust too.

When I don't have time to mix up my own flour blend I reach for the emergency bag of Namaste Perfect Flour Blend I have in the cupboard. I don't react to oats so I can't promise anything but there are no oats in the ingredients and as far as I can tell none of the Namaste products contain oats.

If you're buying Namaste Flour, grab a bag of the Namaste Spice Cake mix and then follow the directions for the gingerbread cake. It's amazing.

Thanks for these replies! I will give them a try. :)

Jules Gluten Free Flour is certified gluten-free and is free of the top 8 allergens, She has posted a lot of recipes. http://www.julesglut...com/Default.asp

I also like Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix and always use it for banana bread and muffins, too.

Kroger carries gluten free King Arthur's flour in lots of places, now.

Kroger carries gluten free King Arthur's flour in lots of places, now.

King Arthur does not guarrante their gluten free flours are free from gluten free oat CC. I buy Enger G brand flours and mix it myself. No gluten free oat cc with them. Betty Crocker doesn't have any oat cc either. Here is a link I started that may benefit you.

That's a very helpful post, thanks!