Mateto

Chocolate-Covered Nuts

Rate this topic

I hope no one is tired of my questions :lol:

I contacts President's Choice about their Chocolate-covered Peanuts, asking whether they were gluten-free or not. Well, I STILL haven't gotten a response so now I'll ask you. Are their Chocolate Covered Peanuts gluten free?

Here's the ingredient list: Milk chocolate (sugar, milk ingredients, cocoa butter, unsweetened chocolate, soy lecithin, salt, natural flavour), roasted virginia peanuts, gum arabic, glucose solids, confectioner

There is no wheat listed in the ingredients list. No malt or rye either. Okay, so that's good so far. :)

Do you see where it says:

May Contain: tree nuts.

That is a disclosure statement. Even though there are no tree nuts IN the product (just peanuts), they are telling you it is possible the product was run on shared equipment with tree nuts.

They do that because TREE NUTS are one of the top eight allergens that they have to list. MILK, WHEAT, SOYBEAN, SHELLFISH, EGGS, FISH, TREE NUTS AND PEANUTS

If you have a peanut, soy, tree nut or milk allergy or intolerance, do not eat these. They are in the product and clearly listed.

They do not list WHEAT because apparently, the product does not contain it nor does it say "may contain".

BTW, If it said "May contain: WHEAT"

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.