This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Most Horrendous Pain I've Ever Experienced!

AshBil

AshBil Rookie

Hey guys! This is kind of a little embarassing but I'm a little concerned. I have no idea if this has anything to do with celiac or not but I figured I should mention it to see. I've heard this is very common with everybody in the world but sometimes throughout my life I've always gotten these random extremely sharp and paralyzing pains that last for literally 2 seconds in, I guess let's call it the butt (lol). My boyfriend gets them all the time too. They bring you to your knees. They're a pretty bad feeling. But last night it lasted for over 2 hours. I was crying and couldn't breathe it made it hurt more, I couldn't stand, sit or put pressure on my backside. I was laying on my bed on my side crying and screaming in pain like I was giving birth or something. It feels like someone is stabbing you through your butt and the knife is exiting through the front pelvic region. It's razor sharp like electricity. I've had 3 kidney stones in my life and this pain yesterday was the worst thing I have ever felt in my life and if anyone has had or knows someone who has had a kidney stone, that is the worst pain people say they've ever experienced. But this, it's completely paralyzing. They've always lasted for a few seconds in the past. But this was for hours. That can't be normal. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening. Also, I've noticed over the last few days that my stool is dark green. I think everyone's had it being green before for a day but this has been for the last few days. It's just a dark green that's kind of mostly coming out in marbles. I know that eating a lot of greens can do that but I haven't been eating more veggies than I normally ever did. i know this is probably gross to talk about but I was just a little curious because that pain was horrific. I couldn't even move my leg without it feeling like someone twisting a razor thin sharp knife in my bottom. This actually happened to me a month ago too but that one lasted for 15 minutes where I was lying in the same position on the living room floor. Then I thought that 15 minutes was odd and terrible but last night with it lasting 2 hours I got really scared. I took a lortab my gastro perscribed me and it started to slowly drift away. But I was so worried last night and still am. And with my poo being dark green, I feel like something odd is going on. Thanks everyone!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

Dark green poo is fine, only time to really worry about that is if its black or white. Though, something seems to be binding you up mildly. Try drinkng more water, it might help.

As for the pain one thought is that you've somehow pinched a major nerve in your back.

When was your last... errr... female check up? It could have something to do with that.

Another thought is the apendix if you still have yours. It has a tendency to flare up on the right lower side (below the gallbladder) and when it hurts, or so i've been told, it is centered around the pelvic area.

nvsmom Community Regular

I have a bad back and tend to get sciatic pain in my glutes... er, butt cheeks. Just to the side of the big muscle but still on the cheek. It radiates to the outside of my thighs to the side of my knees, down my shins to my big toe on bad days. On better days, it's just the cheek.

It can be a horrendous pain that takes your breath away when it hits suddenly. The stabbing pain, if I move wrong, is usually very brief but I can have sciatic pain that lasts for months when the nerve is pinched just wrong. And yes, when it's bad it is like fire and I couldn't stand... when it got that bad for me though, it was when my disc actually burst and caused some paralysis in my leg. If you think it could be sciatic, I would get it looked into.

On a different tack, I used to have lots of "C" and every so often I would get a shooting pain through my bowels that would last just a few moments when something was on the move but didn't want to move. KWIM? Owie. That was more of an internal pain though, and not really in the butt... although it was related to the area. lol Since C has improved, this occurs less frequently for me.

Good luck. I hope you figure it out!

AshBil Rookie

I had my last female check up a few weeks ago before I got my celiac Dx because I thought maybe the pain I was having could've been an ovarian cyst so I had ultrasounds of my reproductive organs and had a pelvic. Everything looked normal to them. And I do still have my appendix. I was so afraid of appendicitis when I first started having my celiac pain and I had 2 CT scans with the barium and contrast. They said my appendix was fine. This pain i'm talking about here is internal like it's shooting from my anal/rectal area (i never thought I'd have to say that lol) and through my intestines. My boyfriend and i call it the "random ass pain" lol. Now that you mention it nvsmom, I've had some C problems especially during the last 4 months when my celiac symptoms all came tumbling down on me. I've heard when this pain happens for the few quick seconds, it's just a misfire in the rectal nerve. But it shouldn't last for 15 minutes or 2 hours. I'm not overly concerned about it. I'm just mostly scared because All day today even, I feel the dullest remnants of that pain from last night. I've gone to the bathroom today and everything so I don't think I'm backed up because I've actually been going almost everyday since going gluten free compared to going once every 4 or 5 days before. And I'm glad the dark green poo isn't something to overly worry about. i wasn't as worried about that part anyways but I figuered, might as well ask while i was on the topic of butts lol. Thanks guys!

shadowicewolf Proficient

I get major cramps when i get "C" thats usually my first sign.

Since it was mentioned when i was younger and still on ocasion my left leg butt muscle used to seize up and hurt so bad i couldn't walk on it. I have nearly fallen because of it before.

Eeeek thats good with the female exam. I had that done to me when they were searching for the reason my side hurt (gallbladder).

GFinDC Veteran

Hi Ashbil,

It could be a twisted bowel or an obstruction causing the pain. If you don't get things moving very soon with a laxitive you should see a doctor. A twisted bowel can happen due to spasms in the intestine due to irritation. It is dangerous because if it is twisted in a bad way it can cut off circulation to the intestinal muscles and cause muscle death. That would require surgery to shorten the bowel. I suggest you talk to your doctor about it right away and maybe go to the emergency room if things don't improve quickly. Sorry, I don't mean to scare you, but it can be a serious problem. Have they checked you for Crohn's and UC? Those kind of issues can happen in the large intestine with those conditions. Other things that can happen in Crohn's are fistulas and anal fissures. They both need a doctors care to resolve. Please call your doctor and explain the situation.

SMDBill Apprentice

I'm not sure about the pain part, but the green poo is perfectly normal. I began taking iron when I went gluten-free and that's exactly what happened. I read that iron can also contribute to C. Anyway, when I got glutened the green also went away, which showed I was not absorbing properly.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nvsmom Community Regular

Rectal nerve... that sounds exactly like what I described... yeah, shouldn't last that long...

I also get hemohorroid pain but that's not as sharp of a pain... although there are times it hurts to sit down. That is an internal pain, definitely ass pain, but for me it was never a shooting pain. It can be a sharp pain when you sit down hard but it's more like hitting an internal bruise...

If it's a bad pain, I would recommend seeing a doctor like the others sugested.

Archived