31 replies to this topic

#31 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

So should I go back on Gluten before I see this gastroenterologist???? I have already been diagnosed! I actually don't think I was totally off of gluten anyway! There are some hidden things I didn't know about!! I had a salad the other day and it sent me right to the restroom!! Here I foind out the Blue Cheese is glutenized!! I think I remember reading that , but totally forgot!! Really!! How long does it take to be Totally Gluten Free anyway!! ???

If you buy bleu cheese that is made in the US, it should not be a problem but if it comes from Europe, then many still use the old fashioned way of making bleu cheese and it is started on bread.  I found this out at a french restaurant I went to and they use french bleu cheese, which was not gluten free.  But many of them the ones here are!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Karen's right. (she likes when I say that :D )

No worries about the blue cheese. I  eat blue cheese all the time. :) I don't live in Europe (but I wish I did LOL)

We're giving it to you straight....It is not likely the blue cheese, honest.

Hon, here's the thing....with a new diagnosis of celiac, your gut is ravaged right now. Before you start healing, you could also have a dairy intolerance that is often temporary in most celiacs. Could be the dairy does not agree with you? Could be anything.

You may wish to read some info now that you have a firm diagnosis, so these things become less confusing to you.

Hang in there! We all had to learn the ropes too.

I thought we could not lick envelopes at the beginning    :huh: (read that somewhere) just  a myth.

Now, I lick them like mad--and offer to lick other people's too if they need help.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: