4 replies to this topic

#1 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

A couple of weeks ago I bought an Against the Grain frozen pizza. It was SO good! Today I had some Against the Grain baguette. Again, totally delicious and TOTALLY grain-free.

I know a lot of you have trouble with corn like I do. Their facility is grain-free. No corn, no soy, nothing that can harm us, unless you have trouble with dairy or eggs. They even have a few dairy-free items. Most of their stuff is tapioca starch, cheese, eggs and milk. How they make BREAD with those ingredients I just don't know, but it really does taste good and it's SO nice to be able to eat without worrying about CC.

The store locator on their website is not up to date. I emailed them about it and they said they would be updating soon. But I believe you can order online. If you're like me and can't eat most breads because they have corn starch, you've got to try this stuff! :wub:

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 TGK112

TGK112

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Whole Foods sells both Against the Grain pizza and baguettes. They ARE delicious! I buy the rosemary baguettes- they are so tasty, even before heating.

#3 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,653 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

I like the baguettes a lot! They have a lot of holes to sop up soup or cheese fondue. My one son like the Schars baguettes better but those might have stuff Barty doesn't want.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#4 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

I have almost bought the baguettes like a bazillion times. Well, maybe it only feels like a bazillion times. I'm going to a store tonight that I know sells them to get chocolate for ice cream. It may take some arm twisting but if I compromise and spend less than say... $7 on my chocolate I may be able to talk a baguette into the cart. :D I almost said spend less than $5 on my chocolate, but I'm trying to be reasonable!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

I LOVE Against the Grain!!!  I'm going to have to make a road trip to get some soon!   

The first time I ate their pizza, I e mailed them and told them it was so good I wanted to slap my momma.  Then I explained that was high praise in the south.  (They're based in Vermont.)   I received a really nice response that the owner was from Georgia, he grew up with that phrase.  I've never corresponded with a food manufacturer outside of that instance.

Nobody carries ATG locally, despite my requests.

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: