Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Tiger Milk Protein Bar Or Amy's Indian gluten-free Burrito, Any Idea Which One Is The Problem?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 mommyto2kids

mommyto2kids

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

I ate an Amy"s burrito and a tiger milk bar that I thought was gluten-free. I ate the burrito yesterday. I had a terrible reaction this afternoon. I am trying to figure out the source. Grr. So are tiger milks all gluten-free? What do you know and I'm thinking the spice may have done a number on me as well. I had an extra cup of coffee with almond milk as well. I despise when I can't figure out the problem. What are your thoughts?

Also does taking an Imodium the day before make a reaction worse? I just took two more Imodium as well. I hate taking the stuff.

How do you get back on track asap and leave reactions behind?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Are you sure the burrito was gluten free.  She makes a few varieties including organic and gluten free.  All sold in the same area.

Colleen 

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

Are you sure the burrito was gluten free.  She makes a few varieties including organic and gluten free.  All sold in the same area.

Colleen 

I was about to say the same thing.  One time I bought a handful of their gluten-free burritos (which are awesome by the way) and almost bought a regular burrito that had gotten stuck in there.  Also the stockers at my store like to shove the gluten version in the gluten-free spot when they aren't paying attention, especially with brands that have a gluten-free/non-gluten-free version that look similar this could definitely cause a mixup.

I looked up the tigers milk bars online and was only able to find very outdated information that said only some of their flavors are gluten-free.  I would write the company to check in on that.  If they are made on the same line as bars containing gluten, there could be a CC possibility.

And then, like you said, it could also be just from eating food that is not your norm.  Hope you are able to bounce back soon.  I am unable to advise on how to bounce back, I get atypical reactions.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

Other people here have been sickened by Amy's.  Although that company makes gluten-free products, they also make non-gluten-free and from what I have read, they are all made in the same facility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: