This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The-Myth-Of-Big-Bad-Gluten

kenlove

kenlove Rising Star

Open Original Shared Link

I have some issues with this story!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac sharon Apprentice

Hmmmm, thinking.....thinking...... I do see why you initial reaction might be some offense, but he poses some interesting questions that are worth considering. I've been very interested in reading that gut bacteria, or lack thereof is the problem that triggers our celiac. We are just too clean!! Not that I'm going to go eat dirt. But still , food for thought. He also suggests that celiac is possibly a kind of adaptation That may ultimately show we are ahead of the game in evolution. I rather like that

kareng Grand Master

I think it is an interesting article.  Dr. Jabri is a Celiac expert.  In my family, we have a very strong immune system - if it takes everyone else 24 hours to run through a virus or "bug" - if we actually get it, which is rare, we are over it in 12.  So I have always wondered if my great immune system might have something to do with Celiac.

GF Lover Rising Star

This is interesting.  I've often wondered why i have so many AI problems.  Years and years ago I took immunosuppressants to try and manage them.  Being diagnosed Celiac brought relief to many symptoms but the other AI problems eventually ramped right back up again.  It's like I never went gluten free.  My immune system insists on attacking even though one of the triggers is controlled.  Why are so many people having to take immunosuppressants to tamp down the immune system.  Something is triggering this and its not Celiac.  Celiac is just one of many.   Isn't it interesting that peeps with Celiac often develop more AI issues and vice versa?  Peeps with Thyroid issues develop additional AI's?  The more AI's you get the more they destroy.  Something out there is making our AI system think they need to attack.  The more theories that are presented gets us closer to finding the ultimate cause.

Colleen

binkman Rookie

It's all about the hookworms, kids.

I would totally do this if it were an offered therapy.

Archived