16 replies to this topic

#16 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:04 PM

Hi Lister, Mariann (gf4life) has 'paged' me, and here I am.

Gluten is one of the lectins. Therefore, in order to eat lectin free, you also have to be gluten-free.

The foods high in lectins are: All grains (including rice and corn), all legumes (including peanuts and soy), eggs, all dairy and all nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, pepper (all peppers, including the hot ones), eggplant, tobacco).

You would do well to read through the website I link to about lectins in my signature. Most doctors don't have a clue about lectins. They haven't even heard of them. It's up to you to figure it out.

It is possible that you may be able to eat the lectins again, including gluteny grains, but not very likely. If you have a lectin intolerance, you will likely be intolerant to one or two of them forever, and one of those would more likely than not be grains. But hey, you never know. You WILL have to be off them all for quite a while before you should challenge them, one group at a time, two weeks apart.

I keep hoping and trying them every now and then. The only one I might be able to eat again at this point might be legumes (other than soy it seems), beans don't seem to be causing a big problem any more. Dairy seems to be getting a little better, the same with eggs. Nightshades and grains are the ones I seem to be stuck with for life if I am right.

Anyway, in order to do this right you need to seriously take the time to read through the website, it's very informative. I have no intentions of copying everything here, when you can just follow the link to inform yourself.

I hope you figure it out. And I agree, if you want to be sure about celiac disease, try enterolab. At least then you'd stop doubting and wondering.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 GravStars

GravStars

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:40 PM

also on another side note, anyone ever get wierd tingles on the side of there head? as if its a cold chill that just brushs over one side?? anyone know what causes this? im getting cold feeling up there and then warm rushs around my body its strange

i get sensations like that too. i'm not always sure why, but anxiety can produce these symptoms. i wouldn't worry too much about it, it will probably dissapear once you get to the bottom of whatever is going on with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: