This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OH MY GAWD!!!! OH MY GAWD!!!

Could anything be cuter????????????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh Bev, you are going to get one, you are, you are!!! this is so exciting, an expectant mother among us ;):lol:

okay....gotta tell the story of Annie Dingo. the reason I'm telling it now is because her original name was Shyla, kind of like Shiloe, one of those dogs' names. :)

IN March of 2003 Tika and I were driving to San Jose from Monterey, mindin' our own bidness. To stay at my best friend's house. Mommy had a rager of a headache. Had to stop at Walmart in Gilroy (Gilroy is about 30 minutes from Monterey), right off the highway to get aspirin. Stumbled blindly into store, got the stuff, took it, and had to wait in car 20 minutes to continue on.

Driving out of parking lot, there was a flash of "dingo yellow." Now, I never, ever - when I had just ONE dog - passed a stray without stopping to rescue or TRY to rescue (Crazy Old Dog Lady). So, I went into a parking lot on this frontage road, across from Walmart, and waited....she was a scared, dehydrated, cagey, scratched, exhausted and hand-shy little thing. IMpossibly cute. I sat Indian-style in the lot and waited......she approached, so hesitantly, then crawled into my lap, looked up at me, put her hand on my arm, and I was a GONER. I knew right then that she was ours.

She got into the back of the Jeep, drank gallons of water, and immediately fell asleep. Stinker was used to strange dogs (and cats)coming into our car....no big deal. BTW, Stinker was in one of her near-death periods of time again.....she is a cancer survivor (yes, she had chemo :ph34r::huh: ) as some of you know, and many times got SO sick again (I think she has Lyme disease :huh: ) that it seemed like we'd lose her....so she was in one of THOSE times, and I thought, God has sent me a dog to replace Stinker. (friends now say she just fakes these things to get attention. :lol: )

We got to San JOse, and my friend and her family wanted to keep her - begged me in fact. Annie is incredibly beguiling.....she is like a therapy dog and charms everyone. They gave her the name Annie, and we took it.

So I searched the internet for lost dogs, but I knew she'd been abused, and was a sojourner. She had never been in a car, house, to the beach, on a couch, anything. She ran away from our house at least once a week - jumped the ivy hedge and roamed around at night - and always came back, once VOMITING UP a freshly killed.....rodent? baby? possum? :huh: on my needlepoint carpet. :huh: She jumped out of a moving car, twice. :o After six months with us, she never ran away again.

So, one day, six months after I'd found her, we were walking the beach in Monterey. A woman starts screaming, OMG, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT DOG??? :o Moritified, I said, she's ours!! I found her in Gilroy. The woman worked at SPCA, and said she'd know that dog anywhere. She came in as a pregnant stray, they gave her the name Shyla, and they adopted out all her puppes (she has children!) and adopted her out four times - two employees took her home and two families. Last family was CAstroville (right near Gilroy). She ran away from every home.

I was so shocked....I asked her if they'd put Shyla/Annie in the paper, and they had, two different times. I remembered seeing her picture, and thought her name was silly....but thought she was adorable and wanted to see her......but didn't need another dog. so the woman was thrilled to see her with a mommy and a sister, and gave us her blessing. :)

So, here I am, still with two dogs, and the best dogs ever. :)

Dang, that was a long story, and I gotta go!

Bev, can't wait to see which dog you get......... :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TriticusToxicum Explorer
OMG....trauma....lost my cell phone....discovered its absence this morning.....went psychotic....a good samaritan found it and called my mom...... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I am going to pick it up now!!! I am thrilled, have never lost it before and have been nervous all day, felt like I was missing a limb (I don't know why, I hardly even use the thing!)........ :lol: I lost it last night whilst walking the dingos in my complex (here at Stepford) and one of the gardeners found it and turned it into his boss!! There is GOOD IN HUMANITY!!! It's a Christmas MIRACLE!!! (well, not as good as the REd Ranger or was is Red Rider Rifle but pretty good) :P

I smella conspiracy :huh::o I'm convinced the pod people are now tracking your every move via your miraculously "found" cell phone :o That, or Lenny the stalker jumped out of the bushes and picked it up when he saw you drop it :ph34r::o:blink:

DON'T Drink the Kool Aid!! :ph34r::unsure:

OMG!! You just made me think of my grandmother :lol:

?? :huh:

Um, she had the mouth of a truck driver too? :blink::o

DingoGirl Enthusiast

messed up that whole post. :huh: gotta go.

:)

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh my gosh, no :lol: She use to extol the virtues of that soap all the time. The only time I ever heard of it was from her--and now you!

~~~~~~

Susan--I absolutely loved the Annie story! So touching :D

Mtndog Collaborator

Oh sweet Annie Dog! See you were meant to be her mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night night all. :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I smella conspiracy :huh::o I'm convinced the pod people are now tracking your every move via your miraculously "found" cell phone :o That, or Lenny the stalker jumped out of the bushes and picked it up when he saw you drop it :ph34r::o:blink:

DON'T Drink the Kool Aid!! :ph34r::unsure:

?? :huh:

yup......you're right.....there's a chip in it now, or some crazy tracking device.....just make sure I dont' start acting all....NORMAL or something....... :o:lol:

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

'Nite Bev--sleep tight :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TriticusToxicum Explorer
okay....gotta tell the story of Annie Dingo....

Sniff...sniff...

You are SO like my sister it is scary! She worked at the SPCA for 5 yrs, but had to quit because she didn't have any more room at home for all of the "death row" inmates she took in. She still has quite a menagerie of beasts roaming about - she's now thinking of taking in a goat :) Off the top of my head she has adopted at least one: dog, cat, lab rat, ferret, bird, fish, gecko, turtle, hamster, horse and I'm sure I'm missing some. My mom used to hate to pick her up from college at the end of the term because she would always have some poor cast off to bring home (see the lab rat).

Now she works at a kennel/pet grooming place - less temptation to bring home the beasts :)

With a heart so big you are destined to be happy. Maybe you are looking for a mate in the wrong places. You do well with strays, maybe you should be cruising for hitchhikers and hobos :P All kidding aside, touching story. I hope you and the girls get adopted soon :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG - - - WORK at the SPCA????? I can't think of a more heartbreaking thing. :( My heart would be broken every second, I would cry virtually ALL DAY LONG, and I would have about 200 cats and dogs. :) I like your sister, though.

With a heart so big you are destined to be happy. Maybe you are looking for a mate in the wrong places. You do well with strays, maybe you should be cruising for hitchhikers and hobos :P All kidding aside, touching story. I hope you and the girls get adopted soon :)

:lol:

Yes, I tell the girls, mommy is looking for a daddy, it's hard, girls, to find a good man.....they SO want a daddy. Oh, they've had many "uncles" :lol::lol::lol: but they want a daddy of their own.

okay, I opened the box of the crock pot today...am scared, very scared. :ph34r: and, there is NO BOOKLET of recipes in it. :angry: Am utterly confused, everyone makes it sound to easy, but it is like having an alien in my home.

Gotta figure out what to do with this whole chicken, the veggies, the herbs, all of it, you know ,throw it all in and have it make some SENSE when it's done.....don't even know how long.....help me.....hold me...... :blink:

Mtndog Collaborator
She blinded me with SCi-i-i-ence! B)

I don't think I have a "favorite flavor" I do however, NEVER want to see another bar of Fels Naptha for as long as I live! :wacko:

Unfortunately, I know that taste of Ivory soap too well. My mom's favorite weapon against dirty words! :P

Mtndog Collaborator

i just wanted to add this because it has always cracked me up!

Adam sandler' Happy Hanukkah song:

Intro: this is a song, that uh, theres alot of xmas songs out there, but not

Too many about hanukkah, so I wrote a song for all those nice little jewish

Kids who dont get to hear any hanukkah songs--here we go...

Put on your yalmulka, here comes hanukkah

Its so much fun-akkah to celebrate hanukkah,

Hanukkah is the festival of lights,

Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights.

When you feel like the only kid in town without a x-mas tree, heres a list of

People who are jewish, just like you and me:

David lee roth lights the menorrah,

So do james caan, kirk douglas, and the late dinah shore-ah

Guess who eats together at the karnickey deli,

Bowzer from sha-na-na, and arthur fonzerrelli.

Paul newmans half jewish; goldie hawns half too,

Put them together--what a fine lookin jew! [esus]

You dont need deck the halls or jingle bell rock

Cause you can spin the dreidl with captain kirk and mr. spock--both jewish!

[esus]

Put on your yalmulka, its time for hanukkah,

The owner of the seattle super sonic-ahs celebrates hanukkah.

O.j. simpson-- not a jew!

But guess who is...hall of famerrod carew--(he converted!)

We got ann landers and her sister dear abby,

Harrison fords a quarter jewish--not too shabby!

Some people think that ebeneezer scrooge is,

Well, hes not, but guess who is:all three stooges. [esus]

So many jews are in show biz--

Tom cruise isnt, [tacit] but I heard his agent is. [esus]

Tell your friend veronica, its time you celebrate hanukkah

I hope I get a harmonica, on this lovely, lovely hanukkah.

So drink your gin-and-tonic-ah, and smoke your mara-juanic-ah,

If you really, really wanna-kah, have a happy, happy, happy, happy

Hanukkah. happy hanukka!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Another Christmas related bit of science

Open Original Shared Link

:o:o The reindeers get vapourized!!! :(:(

CarlaB Enthusiast

Great story, Susan. I'm sure you've seen the movie "Must Love Dogs," right?

Mtndog Collaborator

Funny Videos of the day:

This one is cute and hilarious!

This one shows what my job is like:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Funny!

I don't know how to find those, but have you ever seen the one where the kid has the nerve to talk on his cell phone during class and the teacher reacts?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Great story, Susan. I'm sure you've seen the movie "Must Love Dogs," right?

um, yes, have seen it, was wildly and sadly disappointed :ph34r: Thought they ruined it - almost couldn't finish it it was so bad, and could have been cute, like "the Breakup" - they TOTALLY ruined that one too.

OMG, hope I didn't offend. :lol: I have VERY strong opinions on movies, and won't go see one until I've read several reviews and am confident I'll like it......and generally will only go and SEE a movie if it's an epic, and potential Oscar nominee. I wait for all the fluff to come out on DVD and watch happily at home. :)

Bev - - OMG - - wiss wiss, PEE PEE!! :lol:

there is LOTS of pee in your immediate future ;) and poop, with that little one!

CarlaB Enthusiast

I agree with you on "The Breakup", but I did like "Must Love Dogs". I know what you mean about waiting for some to come out on DVD!

Mtndog Collaborator
Funny!

I don't know how to find those, but have you ever seen the one where the kid has the nerve to talk on his cell phone during class and the teacher reacts?

No but I would love to see that one! My students know it's my pet peeve but when I was in my graduate classes, I had this one professor who was very kind but also very intimidating(until you got to know her). One of my classmates, who was in her 40's, would answer her cell phone and get up and leave the room to talk on it. It stopped after the first two classes. I can only imagine what said professor said to her. :ph34r:

He he Susie said pee pee and poo poo. We're going to get him in 3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder if he can out poo poo a celiac? :P

Have you guys seen this? It'sOpen Original Shared Link

CarlaB Enthusiast

I just emailed Adam and asked him to send me the link. You'll crack up. You can show your students the video, tell them this is your method, and you WON'T have any problems with cell phone use!!!

Okay, I found it! Open Original Shared Link

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Funny Videos of the day:

This one is cute and hilarious!

Love it!!!! :lol::lol:

Of course with my middle son (the diagnosed coeliac) it was more

'Yay!! - you've done a poo in the toilet, well done....now let me hose you down..sit in the bath while Mummy gets on her industrial strength-toxic-waste-resistant- gloves and cleaner out ..and opens all the windows in the house'

:lol::lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Just passing through. I AM Still ALIVE ;)

Too busy to be here much. Too much going on at home too. The whole house has been sick with upper respiratory infections. My asthma has been horrendous for the past 2 mos, so i went to my PCP for check-up and refill on some scrips. Got Singulair - seems to help some. Got routine bloodwork done (cholesterol/CBC/sugar/minerals etc.) HgB (hemoglobin count) came back way too high, so i have to go back for a revisit and likely more tests :(

Catch me up, what have I missed? Bev has a new "man" in her life, Susan too (?) (belated Happy B-day BTW - sorry i missed it - sick in bed at the time :( ) Bev I was going to suggest Angus as a name for the pup - good choice!

Is everyone done with their shopping? If so, come do mine! We are supposed to venture in to the big city tomrrow - not looking forward to it at all - I HATE CROWDS! (...and parking, and traffic - Humbug!)

Back to work. Happy Holidays if I don't make it back. :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Glad to know you are still alive Richard!!

Sorry you've all been ill :( - and you missed all the excitement of Bev's New Man....I think he's keeping her up all night :ph34r:

Good luck with the shopping matey - you'll need it.

Just in case you don't get a chance to goof around some more before xmas - Hope you & your peeps have a good one :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

RICHARD - - - was about to send the dingos after you! oh so sorry you've not been well. And I cannot do your shopping, have to do mine. :ph34r: Am so scared, I too, hate crowds and shopping. Lots of internet shopping for me - - ordered a case of my brother's family's favorite (and hard to get) sunflower seeds for them.....they will scream with joy. And I did not have to leave the house - I love that kind of shopping. :)

Um, BEV has a new man, I do not. I am in this utterly content and happy place, mysteriously, realizing I don't even WANT to date at all right now. In fact I have had this MAJOR epiphany this week - - too long to go into but an answer to prayer, that is for sure. I told him we could be friends....um, that just seems like throwing down the gauntlet - they chase harder :lol: Crazy. I have a newfound wisdom and discernment with men - hard-earned, I might add :huh:

Anywho, nice to see you Richard! and yes, take care of yourself and your peeps......:)

BEV - - give us an update on Angus when you can!

Hi Nikki! How are your friends in the cupboard under the stairs? :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Richard!

I've been wondering where you went to. Sorry to hear that you have all been sick :( Bummer--especially this time of year.

I hear ya about the busy part--I'm glad that you took a minute to check in.

I think we're all trying to figure out the nuances of the new board. :blink:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
RICHARD - - - was about to send the dingos after you! oh so sorry you've not been well. And I cannot do your shopping, have to do mine. :ph34r: Am so scared, I too, hate crowds and shopping. Lots of internet shopping for me - - ordered a case of my brother's family's favorite (and hard to get) sunflower seeds for them.....they will scream with joy. And I did not have to leave the house - I love that kind of shopping. :)

Um, BEV has a new man, I do not. The guy wrote me a poem, though, and is driving me a bit crazy. He is coming on WAY too strong and guess what, I am in this utterly content and happy place, mysteriously, realizing I don't even WANT to date at all right now. In fact I have had this MAJOR epiphany this week - - too long to go into but an answer to prayer, that is for sure. I told him we could be friends....um, that just seems like throwing down the gauntlet - they chase harder :lol: Crazy. I have a newfound wisdom and discernment with men - hard-earned, I might add :huh: - - and can see things in him that concern me (like, I think his future plans are highly delusional). ha ha ha

Anywho, nice to see you Richard! and yes, take care of yourself and your peeps......:)

BEV - - give us an update on Angus when you can!

Hi Nikki! How are your friends in the cupboard under the stairs? :P

Looks like it's time to walk the dingos...they are staring at ME now! :blink:

Glad you are in a happy place. Now get to work on the stuffing :P

Feliz Navidad!

Archived