51026 replies to this topic

#48391 curlyfries

curlyfries

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

I can just see your picture on the front of a box of Gorton's fish sticks. And the slogan would be :"Gorton's fish sticks, caught by Jest herself".

Gee Eff, you oughta have your mouth washed out with soap! Gorton's fish sticks, indeed <_< What were you thinking? :rolleyes:

I think I'll pass on that diet idea. I prefer a less hairy look, myself. :P
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#48392 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

Well now you're talking girls.....can we have a laminated list of top ten pirates?? Posted Image

I think I've secretely had one all along! :o Hubby owns a boat, a peg leg, and last name Hawkins. Sounds like a good pirate name to me!

hmmmm.....used to wear an eye patch as a wee lad, too. No parrot though.......must work on that :unsure:
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#48393 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

I had a long, exhalted guffaw at the end of that diet article, Jeee-eff... . . . ..'Tis quite phunny, and you should post it on Da Book. . ... :lol:

I think I've secretely had one all along! :o Hubby owns a boat, a peg leg, and last name Hawkins. Sounds like a good pirate name to me!

Leeeesargh has 'er own pirate! NO FAIR! :lol:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#48394 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Well now you're talking girls.....can we have a laminated list of top ten pirates?? Posted Image

How about the Cuban guy with the very un- Cuban name from Dancing with the Stars? William Levy? Nik, you will need to google him, so that you can ogle him!

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#48395 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

:angry: Can't think of a single . .. ..piratesse? Pirette? Oh, that's almost the real name of the NCIS lab genius, but she's not my type.
Cool pic Knic! Laminate lists are 10 now?
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#48396 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

We claim this buccaneer in local lore...... har har! And we are in constant search for his booty, at every dig. Under my home, perhaps? :huh:

http://www.nationalg...tes/bbeard.html
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#48397 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Ocracoke? They still make that?

:wacko:

But seriously, I like the "Local townspeople tolerated his presence because they liked to buy the goods he stole" part.

And the sandbars. Haha!
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#48398 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Ocracoke? They still make that?

:wacko:

They do. They welcome the "aways" in the summer and wish them "aways" in the fall. B)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#48399 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Laminate lists are 10 now?

They can be more, 20's good with me Posted Image

We claim this buccaneer in local lore...... har har! And we are in constant search for his booty, at every dig. Under my home, perhaps? :huh:

http://www.nationalg...tes/bbeard.html

Great article Leesar, love a pirates tale!
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#48400 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Day6.

Holy crap it's cold. There's so much condensation in the boat that it's raining on the bed. The Pirate gets up and opens the hatches. An amazing sunny morning. We chat with a dad and his kids fishing on the dock and offer them some hot dog for bait. A couple cups of coffee and head up into town to the bookstore for coffee and internet.

After more coffee and computers we stop at the store for treats. The Pirate grabs a jelly donut, and I leave with a stick of sweetened bird food. yum.

We head to one of the many islands that are state parks. First stop, Clark Island. We have the whole thing to ourselves. The wind stops and the sun comes out. It's actually warm enough (for me) to take a shower in the tiny little boat bathroom. Finally, all the pieces clean at the same time.

A nice walk around the island and then we head to Matia. We still have the island to ourselves. An amazing calm harbor to spend the night.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#48401 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

We head to one of the many islands that are state parks. First stop, Clark Island.

Glad you are having better weather. Just watch where you park that boat. Don't want to get it towed! B)

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#48402 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Day7&8.

We head to Sucia,the biggest of the park islands. Morning and afternoon hikes, a night in echo bay, then we head to the other side of the island and anchor in Fossil Bay.

This is a popular island, and a Canadian Yacht club is spending the weekend here. They have a 4 day holiday over Easter and I guess Sucia is the place to be. We walk around Fossil Bay, and then head over to Stuart Island.

There's and old lighthouse on the point, so we head out for that. Despite being only about 5 miles round trip, it's steep hills both ways. Difficult to get back into the dinghy to get back to the boat

Stuart Island is only part park,the rest is privately owned. The island has 15-20 permanent residents and quite a few summer only people. The old schoolhouse (on the way to the lighthouse) has a little museum in one of the old outbuildings. Class of 2010 - 2 students.

The Pirate takes the boat around to the other harbor to tie up at the dock for the night. The weather continues to be amazing and we both shower and collapse into bed.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#48403 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Glad you are having better weather. Just watch where you park that boat. Don't want to get it towed! B)

Or blown away. It's too early for any park rangers to be out yet, so nobody pays for moorage. 'Course that means the water isn't yet turned on either. Fine for us, but I hope other people plan ahead.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#48404 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#48405 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Gee Eff, you oughta have your mouth washed out with soap! Gorton's fish sticks, indeed <_< What were you thinking? :rolleyes:

I think I'll pass on that diet idea. I prefer a less hairy look, myself. :P

Marfle, umopha, empfha. Hmm, can't talk good with a soapy mouse!

And to quote JNBunie1,

I think is a perfectly appropriate comment on the proceedings.. :D
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: