51026 replies to this topic

#51001 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

But surely child labor (even virtual) would not be countenanced in Psilliville? That would send the Minister of Labor sallying forth on her high steed, cracking whips and busting heads and bums toot sweet.

I have had 2 childs and I have nothing against them laboring! It keeps them out of trouble!

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#51002 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

The Thanksgiving quotes that sound dirty.... That gave me the giggles!!!! "it's pretty dry, do you still want to eat it". LMAO!!!!

I have had 2 childs and I have nothing against them laboring! It keeps them out of trouble!

No kidding! I sat at the table and just kept pointing to different things for them to do tonight. House CLEAN!! :D

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#51003 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

. . . as many things are schmashed under her highnass.

Quit talkin' about me arse, GeeEff!! I may not be the queen anymore but I can still get schmashed do some schmashin'

Speaking of safety . . ...I just signed off a new req for black-belted security. Dunno wth last administration was up to, but the head of security is saying that w/ some new 'seniority by height' rule, the union won't allow a new addition over 5 feet tall.

Arrrgh how'll I ever find a short blackbelt willing to work for virtually nothing? (At least the work's virtual too)
Anyone got any of those?

I got one at my house . . . he's used to working for nothing. To quote him directly . . . "I'm nothing but a slave to you." . . . and my response . . . "Yes, yes you are." (all said in fun by the way)

My congratulations, King Tom. Unfortunately, what with the holidays and all . . . I was unable to get the robe to the dry cleaners so I just tossed it in the washing machine. It shrunk a tad . . . maybe a little more than a tad . . . How do you feel about a royal poncho?
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#51004 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Unacceptable.
Sounds like a job for the Yeti, stretchin that back out to full size.

******PROCLAMATION TWO******

Happy Thanksgiving, of course.

Belatedly to our fine northern neig....oh screw Diplomacy! Why's it so early up there?!
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#51005 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Or . .. . :lol:

How do you feel about a royal poncho?

How do you feel about windowless towers? :ph34r:
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#51006 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Dearest Psillies,

Earlier this evening I wrote a rather lengthy note to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love the most. I am so grateful to have you as my family. I hit the wrong key and lost the message I was writing. So, here I go trying to recreate it.

This past year has been a rough one and you stood by me with unwavering love and support. It was about this time last year that I started to lose my grip on reality and write rambling replies, sleep 20 hours a day and vividly visit with my loved ones who have passed away. Superman stood by me and I wound up at Yale University where we discovered I was on a dose of Depakote that could kill an elephant. PLEASE don’t ever take that evil drug.

Now I am on the road to recovery, seeing a naturopath and having her work closely with my doctors. My medication finally seems to be the right combination.

This year I’m having Thanksgiving at my house. I paid to have it catered and my dear SIL is making Lasagna (our dear Annie {Tony’s friend} is a vegetarian so we have her covered). We’ve got a houseful staying over. My DB & DSIL are here until Friday and the kids are staying until Saturday night or Sunday.

I feel so truly blessed that I’m out of the dark tunnel and into the light. You have all helped more than I an ever say.

I wish we could all have Thanksgiving together and perhaps one day we will. In the meantime I wish you a bright light to follow, improved health, and a year filled with joy and only the best of everything. I treasure each and every one of you and look forward to sharing our tales (be they happy or sad – I’m praying for the happy) .

All my love, healing hugs and blessings,
Loey

#51007 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I seemed to have posted the same message three times but can't find a delete button. It does give me a chance to wish you a blessed Thanksgiving again.

I love you all,
Loey :wub:
:wub:
:wub:

#51008 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Eys eyt sayf 2 kome bak yet(i)?

Byt skeert, bidds fur thee krown arrr konsideerd treesun wear eye kome frum :o

Awl hale thee kyng!

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#51009 tom

tom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Who wouldn't want the power to proclaim? Fear not!
You, MW, could mandate replacement of "yet" w/ "yet(i)" heretofore, if you wish.
(Hehe, almost missed that)

Just can't get too cocky bout it or The People might churn 100 pages in 2 days.
ExQueen Pseuzee's "whot . ..only 4 pages to read?" when it was 104 topped it off.

Hey LoLo, Happy Thxgvg inDEED!!
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

#51010 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Nay, do not go getting too cocky or thy subjects might rise up against thee in the midst of thy Thanksgiving feast, when ye are most vulnerable, and yes, most of us do know the way to Sannazay :D -- if ye are from So Cal (or some other strange parts of the territory) just follow THE 101!!
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#51011 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Have a phantabulous Thanksgiving time, Loey -- you deserve it. So glad you are coming out of the blackness into the light.

What a great ideah - to have it catered!! It just sounds grand :)
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#51012 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

Or . .. . :lol:

How do you feel about windowless towers? :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:huh:

Wishing all you Psills a Great Thanksgiving!! :wub:
Janet

Posted Image

#51013 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Nay, do not go getting too cocky or thy subjects might rise up against thee in the midst of thy Thanksgiving feast, when ye are most vulnerable, and yes, most of us do know the way to Sannazay :D -- if ye are from So Cal (or some other strange parts of the territory) just follow THE 101!!

<snort>

Happy Thanksgiving / Happy Thursday my Sillies!! :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#51014 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Hi Lo :), that is wonderful that they got yer meds sorted out! Have a very happy day today with your family-- the catering was genius! Now you can relax and enjoy:)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#51015 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

All my love, healing hugs and blessings,
Loey

Back at ya', sistah!! :wub:
Janet

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: