1 reply to this topic

#1 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

You know I really missed having that topic on the old message board with the funny stories people could tell about what happened to them in restaruants, or on airplanes.
I thought it might be fun to have that topic back here so I am starting it again. You can really tell any stories about food people have brought you or any story that has to do with this diease that would make people laugh.
Molly

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*

Guest_~wAvE WeT sAnD~_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2004 - 08:32 PM

I recently went out for ice cream with my family. Since explaining the Gluten concept to most people is difficult (the manner in which to explain is what I truly find difficult--you have to really speak "see spot run" layman's terms to convey your point), my dad says to the young 16-18 year old girl behind the counter, "I need to give you a biology lesson." He asked if any of the ice cream contained Gluten, and she said, scrunching up her face in that classically confused/retarded expression, "Gluten?!" huh: My mother and I then tried to explain in simpler terms that it means anything containing wheat. She was still giving us screwed up facial expressions, so my mother and I sat in the truck, waiting for my brother and father to finish "the biology lesson."

My father told me that after we left, the girl said, "Oh yeah! The guy who owns this place can't eat pasta or bread, but he eats this stuff and he's ok."

We will never eat there again, which is a shame, because I love their Blue Cloud with Nerd candies ice cream. :( :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: