This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Smart Balance Has New Butter Spread That Is Free Of So Many Things

Deanne

Deanne Rookie

I found this at my local Walmart and it is priced right. But most importantly it tastes good and melts and cooks nicely.

Smart Balance Organic whipped buttery spread which is gluten free, non dairy which is a combo I have problems finding so far. It is also non GMO, no trans fats, non hydrogenated, 100% vegan.

I love the Smart Balance (GFA Brands) products since they add omega 3's and 6's. I also use their Smart Balance Omega Natural Blend of Canola, Soy and Olive Oil for all my cooking. I can find it at my local Winco which is an employee owned grocery chain that offers some of the best prices in my area. This oil is a bit higher than regular canola oil I could buy but I like to support this company that is making great alternatives and they put the omegas in and they have good customer service. This is the second time I responded and both times I was impressed. See for yourself or contact them yourself.

My most recent response:

Deanne

Joan Dippolito wrote:

> Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to contact us regarding the products offered by GFA Brands. It is always appreciated when consumers care enough to call or write with their comments and/or questions.

>

> We are happy to be able to advise you that all the products offered by GFA Brands (with the exception of Smart Balance H-O cereals) are gluten free and there is no danger of cross contamination. They should cause no problem for you.

>

> If we may be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate to call or write.

>

>

> Joan Dippolito

> Consumer Relations

> GFA Brands Inc.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Thanks so much for sharing that information! I'll have to see if I can find some.

new to LI Newbie

a company call natural balance has had the same thing on the market for at least seven years, at it taste exactly like butter.

lorka150 Collaborator

Their Soy Garden and Earth Balance also fall under those criterium. I've been using them forever, and work just as well as butter in baking. The whipped one isn't quite as good for baking, just to warn you!

tarnalberry Community Regular

yep, I use the whipped one myself. not really *just* like butter, but close enough! ;)

Deanne Rookie

I used Earth Balance too but could only find it at Wild Oats nearby and paid way too much for it. Then I found the Smart Balance one at Walmart which was so much less. Maybe it is all in my head but I like the Smart Balance better as far as taste goes and I don't remember the Earth Balance having the omega 3 and 6 in it either.

Michi8 Contributor

Another margarine that is gluten-free:

I just got word from Canola Harvest that all of their products are gluten free. They also make a margarine that is non-hydrogenated and dairy free. :)

Michelle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived