Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Stevia ~~ A Safe Sweetener ~~

4 posts in this topic

Some celiacs find the years of gluten poisoning has caused many other health ailments. Some are looking for safe sweeteners to replace sugar. Some are wondering why the FDA's "safe" altenative sweeteners make them feel like death. That's because the FDA has approved sweet things that will kill you slowly and rot your brain to swiss cheese with neurotoxins. Aspertame is being touted, once again, as SAFE by the FDA.

These fake sugars are not safe.

These fake sugars are poison.

The FDA would have like to keep the lid on STEVIA longer because the sugar industry and the fake sugar substitute industry paid them to keep STEVIA off the market, and it worked for a long time.

So, for those who don't know, and are reading the new reports from the FDA that aspertame and the like are ! SAFE ! ....

Listen, go get yourself some Stevia. Not all Stevia is perfect. Some has a bitter aftertaste. I experimented a bit and found the Stevia by NOW is really good. It says "No aftertaste" and it's a bit of a lie, but really easy to get used to.

Ads by Google:

I agree that Stevia deserves respect, and has received quite the opposite from the FDA. From what I've read, there are some very rotten things going on within the FDA.

As for the brands of Stevia, I researched it before purchasing any, and came to the conclusion that the Stevita brand was the one to get. I think it's good, but not having a sweet tooth I don't use it like other folks probably do. It would be interesting to hear from those whom have compared it to some of the other brands.

You need to be aware of Stevia though! It's in the Family of "Ragweed". I'm Allergic to Ragweed, and started feeling itchyafter eating it.

I avoid it, and others with ragweed allergies should use caution.

You need to be aware of Stevia though! It's in the Family of "Ragweed". I'm Allergic to Ragweed, and started feeling itchyafter eating it.

I avoid it, and others with ragweed allergies should use caution.

This is so important, I didn't know about the relationship until after I had blisters from the roof of my mouth as far as I could see down my throat. For those who are not allergic though it is a great product.