Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cheery Topic!

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I thought I would share my good mood with you all and maybe offer hope to those of you who are just beginning their gluten-free lives to show that it does get better!

I've been gluten-free since the beginning of February this year (so that's 3 and a bit months with no cake...!:P), and I can honestly say for the first time in a long time, I feel......normal!

Less tiredness, less bloating, fewer slightly more unsavoury symptoms (!), less mood swings; plus I am no longer constantly aware of my stomach being this brick inside me (I couldn't think of another way to put it!).

...though it does all come back for a few days when I'm accidentally glutened, overall, I feel amazing! :lol:

Ads by Google:

Hi

This is an excellent news. Congratulations. I've already seen lots of changes in myself also. I hope when I am three months in the gluten-free diet i feel the better especially having more energy.

Thank you for giving us hope.

Best regards to everyone. :rolleyes:

I am very happy to hear that you're both doing so well!! :D

Hannah and Pedro--I'm so glad you joined us--keep up the good work! :)

Hannah,

That's great news. I remember walking around the first time I felt normal and just telling everyone, I feel like myself again. They must of thought I was crazy but it didn't matter, I had been at a point where I thought I was never going to be myself again and one day it did happen.

I am so glad you reached that point too, it is one of the biggest milestones of our recovery.

Yea! Hannah!

So glad you shared this here. This is my 23rd day gluten free and I am noticing changes already. I went to the gym at 6:15 this morning! And, I enjoyed working out to boot! It is nice to know I wasn't lazy/slovenly/hypochonidriac!

May you continue to grow healthier each day!

This is great to hear. I have been mostly gluten free for a month now (had some CC issues a few times recently) and am not really feeling better yet. It could be bc of the CC or just that I need more time, either way I am really looking forward to feeling normal (whatever normal feels like)! It is encouraging to know that I will feel normal and good someday soon so thanks.

Congrats to both of you! Its a great feeling isnt it? You are not only accomplishing a lot, but feeling better to boot. We all have had setbacks, with cc especially, I am speaking for myself here, I have had my share, but even then, to know it will go away and I will be better.. that alone makes the cc a little more tolerable when in pain!

Keep up the great work!! Glad you both are feeling the difference!

I'm glad someone posted about this!!! I too am incredibly happy and relieved that I finally have a solution to (almost) all my problems. I feel like a new person - less moodiness, tiredness, headaches and even anxiety. Life is wonderful :) :) :)

To everyone out there who hasn't started feeling better yet... hold on, it WILL happen!!

I've now managed to feel normal for 5 (count them!) 5 days! No awful abdominal pain at all (which is one of my major symptoms). This is unprecedented for me!!!

...though I am rather sick of eating salad.....!!!