Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dealing With Fatigue And Lack Of Stamina

27 posts in this topic

I take multi vitamins (don't care for the liquid), plus 500 C, 1000 calcium, and the B vitamin-complex/complete.

Blood sugar is a problem but I keep that pretty controlled because of a yeast intolerance too which elimates almost everything sweet and I eat protein with most carbs for balance. Discussed with dietition.

I have been gluten-free since July 2004, soy, peanut, and corn free since August 2004, almond and garbonzo bean free since September 2004, yeast free since October 2004, and lactose/casein and MSG free for more than 5 years

My thyroid has been checked within the last 6 months. My iron, last we checked about 6 months ago was OK too...and the doc said I don't have all the points for (sp) fibremyalga.

I have NOT been formerly dx with celiac disease. I was gluten-free for several months before my doc checked and by then (not before) I knew there was a danger of no visible signs for a positive ID and I told the docs that I REFUSED to go back in order for a positive ID and no definitive signs of damage were found.

-Kate

Ads by Google:

Hi Kate,

Boy you sound a lot like me with all the intolerances. How do you do it? I am still having a hard time and often find myself eating something I think is safe and then reacting to it. Vitamins are a little problematic for me as they irritate the heck out of my gut. I just started cutting my vitamins in quarters. Let's see how that works for me. All my blood tests were good....not showing any vit deficiencies.

I am going to columbia presbyterian tomorrow for a consult ....just in case someone is missing something. I know I will NOT go back on gluten for an endoscopy so let's see what they have to say about that. I thought I was doing a good job watching the gluten but test results yesterday showed a number of 35.....still high but at least nowhere near 66 from 4 months ago.

My dr also ran other tests and of course soooooo many more intolerances...ones that I have been reacting to. What do you eat? I am having a hard time with variety and often find myself craving something sweet. I have given into raisins, and some fruits and apple sauce but now...the Candida is in flare! back on a round of Nystatin to help me along. With my immune deficiencies it is hard to keep things in check.

OH WELL................more chicken tonght for dinner!