Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten Free Restaurants In Va (reston Town Center?)

• Please log in to reply

8 replies to this topic

#1 jjc

jjc

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

I know I'm getting really specific here, but does anyone know of any gluten free restaurants in at Reston Town Center (in Reston VA)? I'm traveling to a hotel there for work, and I will not have a car to drive around in. I'll have to walk to this area to eat every night. Thanks for any help!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 happygirl

happygirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:02 PM

http://www.restontow...estaurants.html

Looks like there are quite a few...depends on your choice of food, level of comfort, price, etc. Uno's, McCormick & Schmicks, Chipotle, Clyde's among others.

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

There is a Wegmans' grocery store in Fairfax also, but you need a car or cab to go there.

If you can catch a ride to a metro stop, you go to a lot of areas in and around DC for not too much money. They have a day pass for $11.80 good for all day.

Transportation links
http://www.linkinfo....trans_links.cfm

Metro Map
http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm

Metro's site has a trip planner that will tell you the time for a trip and the cost, using metro only or metro and bus.

This thread has some info on DC gluten-free restaurants. Uno's Pizza and Z-Pizza both have gluten-free pizza. I'd check ahead of time with the store to make sure before going, as they may not all have it yet.

http://www.celiac.co...showtopic=58313

If you are there over the weekend, you might enjoy checking out the Artomatic show, opening this Friday evening. It's a free show, and right across the street from the Navy Yard Metro stop. 1000 artists and 9 floors of art, lots of free events and performances too.

Take Metro! Located directly above the Green Line Navy Yard Metro Stop, West Entrance

Artomatic-2009
http://www.artomatic.org/user/426
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 Malficient

Malficient

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

Big Bowl (thai and Chinese) I eat there semi-regularly, just ask for their gluten free menu. There's also an Unos (w/ a gluten-free menu), and I've been safe at Rio Grande (next to Big Bowl). There's another Thai place called basura but I can't guarantee they're gluten-free (language barrier). There's also a cupcake place called Edible Incredible's that is introducing gluten-free cupcakes in either June or July.

#5 jjc

jjc

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:59 AM

Wonderful - thanks for all the info, it will really help!

#6 P Diddy

P Diddy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

Great info and thank you all for posting the question and responses.

I have been recently diagnosed with Celiacs and hoped to connect with others in the community to learn from their experiences. Can anyone point me in the direction of a local group or some other way to learn more?

#7 happygirl

happygirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

See the info posted here on your local support groups: http://www.celiac.co...h...c=58840&hl=

#8 Josiah14

Josiah14

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

I just looked into the Reston Town Center because I'm looking for places to take my parents for lunch.

What I found was that almost every restaurant there claims to be able to cater to a gluten-free diet (according to their websites).

Heres the safe-list:
Uno's
McCormick & Schmick's
Jackson Mighty Fine Food - Lucky
Vaipano
American Tap Room
Morton's
Big Bowl
Uncle Julio's
Paolo's
M&S Grill and Steakhouse
Clyde's
Mon Ami Gabi

If you are like me, and super sensitive, then I would be careful about eating at Chipotle. They say they can do gluten free, but they also say that they work a lot with flour tortillas and cannot guarantee cross-contamination won't happen. They mention they are willing to change their gloves for you, but considering how prevalent the use of flour tortillas is there, I would not order from that restaurant.

#9 Canklefish

Canklefish

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

I just looked into the Reston Town Center because I'm looking for places to take my parents for lunch.

What I found was that almost every restaurant there claims to be able to cater to a gluten-free diet (according to their websites).

Heres the safe-list:
Uno's
McCormick & Schmick's
Jackson Mighty Fine Food - Lucky
Vaipano
American Tap Room
Morton's
Big Bowl
Uncle Julio's
Paolo's
M&S Grill and Steakhouse
Clyde's
Mon Ami Gabi

If you are like me, and super sensitive, then I would be careful about eating at Chipotle. They say they can do gluten free, but they also say that they work a lot with flour tortillas and cannot guarantee cross-contamination won't happen. They mention they are willing to change their gloves for you, but considering how prevalent the use of flour tortillas is there, I would not order from that restaurant.

Ate at Vapiano's last week. It's a pasta place. Definitely not gluten free unless it's the salads you're looking for... then, any place could be considered gluten free...

The Paleo Diet is NOT a fad...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: