Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten Free Wedding Cakes In Kansas City?

• Please log in to reply

10 replies to this topic

#1 printmaker81

printmaker81

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hi all,

It's been quite some time since I've posted here, but I'm needing a little bit of help. I'm getting married and therefore need a gluten free wedding cake. The problem is I'm getting married in a city (Kansas City) I have never lived in, so I'm not sure where to start hunting for a gluten free cake. Any suggestions would be very, very much appreciated. Also, it need not be in Kansas City. My fiance has family coming from all over Kansas, and my brother lives on the Missouri side, so we could work something out.

Much thanks!

Heather

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Here's a few places to start. These are the main gluten-free bakers in town. I would email them. Even if they don't do wedding cakes they may know who does. I'll look around some more, so check back in a couple of days.

http://www.brodysbakery.com/

http://www.kneadedspecialties.com/

Www.oliviasoven.com

Do you have anyone coming from St Louis, Columbia, or Wichita?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

Just found out about this one

Mud Pie Vegan Bakery and Coffeehouse
1615 W. 39th Street
Kansas City, MO. 64111
www.mudpiebakery.com
www.facebook.com/mudpiebakery

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 Brenna'sMom

Brenna'sMom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Andrea's Bakery in St. Charles (St. Louis) is a gluten free bakery. There is also a gluten-free bakery in Jefferson City (www.myglutenfreebakery.com). I haven't been to KC recently, so I'm not very familiar with the gluten free options there.

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

Here's another -

95th Street Hy-Vee

11552 West 95th Street
Overland Park, Kansas
913-894-1983

They use the Betty Crocker mixes. They also make alot of gluten things so I'm not sure this would be my first choice.

I put this question out to a KC group & I'm posting as I hear from them.

santa-dance.gif

#6 printmaker81

printmaker81

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Oh my goodness! Thanks so much for all the tips! I'll have to do some sampling when I'm in Kansas City!

#7 printmaker81

printmaker81

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

Do you have anyone coming from St Louis, Columbia, or Wichita?

I think most everyone will be coming from the Kansas direction rather than Missouri. My sister-in-law works in Wichita and I think some of the guests might have to drive through there.

-H

#8 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

I have the name of a lady who makes them at home ( I think). Her whole family is gluten-free. Trying to find out how you would talk with her. Stay tuned!

santa-dance.gif

#9 bbuster

bbuster

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

I was going to suggest the place that makes gluten-free pizza crust for Waldo pizza, but I see that it was already in Kareng's list - Olivia's Oven. I have never been there, but I think they are in the metro KC area (Kansas side) and they do have a picture of a wedding cake on their website.

good luck!
Bev

Mom of Garrett - Mizzou freshman; diagnosed Jan 2005

#10 MindytheOrganist

MindytheOrganist

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

Sorry I can't help, as I live in Iowa. But, after seeing your dachshund, I had to say hello! I am owned by Ozzy, a mini long-hair.

#11 Poppi

Poppi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

Not sure how formal you are going but this is the cake I am making for making for my 35th birthday party next week.

Fun cake!

It can be dressed up or down and it's cute.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: