whats your fave sports team   11 members have voted

1. 1. whats your fave sports team

• boston red sox
    • new york yannkeys
    • chicago cubs
    • chicago white sox
    • dont have one
    • none of the above

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

go red sox

i wanted to find out wich side you guys where on :lol:

i dont mind it if you dont like the red sox this is my fist poll hope you guys vote

Ads by Google:

Can I vote Man U? ;-)

Nah... if I *had* to pick a baseball team (and ... er ... let's just say baseball isn't exactly my favorite sport), I'd have to at least go with one from the West Coast. I'd ordinarily say Angels (being from Orange County ... no, they are not and will never be the Los Angeles Angles, unless they move their stadium into Los Angeles County at least), but we may move to Seattle, so I might have to change that to Mariners in the near future.

Forgettabout the "Yinkees" and paaark a caaaar on the Dead Sox as well. There are sports teams outside of the East coast or big cities for that matter. My allegiance is with the Tribe and always will be.

Cleveland Bob B)

I'm with my hometeam..THE ORIOLES!!!

Red Sox are the #2 team here

#3 team-anybody but the Yankees :P

I'm a red sox fan because my boss is and 'ware anyone who isn't - lol. And I don't know a single thing about baseball, so I just go with it.

I'm not a big-event goer to, except for maybe RenFair.

Elonwy

Red Sox....

I live in NY, but here are my problems with the teams here. The Mets...well, they stink. And I have just never found them interesting to watch, nor do I particularly like anyone on their team. The Yankees aggravate me to no end. A few reasons:

1. It's boring to watch the same team win every year.

2. They just buy out all the talent in the league, rather than spending their money wisely.

3. They overpay people, such as Derek Jeter (by 10 million in baseball standards--that is to say, for the job he's doing, he'd still be overpaid minus 10 million dollars) and drive up the market for such players. If Jeter is worth an extra 10 million, then Garciaparra feels that he is, too. And that makes it that much harder for smaller teams.

4. Low moral standards for keeping Giambi after the steroid incident. The most common reply to that is, "Hey, well the Giants kept Bonds." Well, the Giants are low, too.

5. I just don't like the players on their team. Though many will swear to the contrary, I think Jeter is cocky...a bit of an egomaniac, though he may put on a pretense not to be. I strongly dislike Giambi for obvious reasons, and there are little problems I have with each player, that I'm not going to bother to attempt to explain. I respect that Cano is a talented 2nd baseman for a rookie and respect Jorge Posada as a catcher who was underrated until recently (though he's still not in the same league as Varitek offensive or defensively), but other than that, I don't like them.....

4.  Low moral standards for keeping Giambi after the steroid incident.  The most common reply to that is, "Hey, well the Giants kept Bonds."  Well, the Giants are low, too.

5.Jorge Posada as a catcher who was underrated until recently (though he's still not in the same league as Varitek offensive or defensively), but other than that, I don't like them.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And make the Orioles keeping Raffy too....

Also, Jason Varitek is the best and Posada is good but not near Varitek in my opinion either.

Go Red Sox!!!

We are big red sox fans in this house!! :)

my son is a HUGE red sox fan!

--Maya

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I also only really eat one meal a day and always after I get home. I never really feel hungrey. I call it 'Pavlov's dog in reverse'.  I think it comes from so many years of food making me sick. I have gotten to the point where I now at least can eat a sandwhich and some fruit during the day but it wasn't a quick process. When folks get like that it is very important to make sure that one meal has a good amount of both calories and nutrtion.  If your diet is how you describe you are starving yourself.  You need to get yourself used to eating again.  What helped me was carrying a baggie with some nuts and dry fruit with maybe even a handful of gluten free pretzels and always some chocolate baking chips. I just ate couple pieces when I thought of it throughout the day. A little bit of cheese and a couple safe crackers, a piece of fruit or a small tin or individual serving snack pack are also good. You need to get some nutrition during the day so you can feel up to cooking a simple full meal  for dinner. I hope your feeling better soon.
    • Ok, I can't seem to find my first lot of blood tests that were done for Celiac screening, they did include TTG I remember that much, and I am getting another copy of it but another test did come in today.  I don't know how different tests are done around the world and I don't get all the medical jargon but this is what it states, ******************************************************************************* HLA DR/DQ Genotyping for Coeliac Disease, Specimen type : EDTA blood Method : Detection of sequence-specific oligonucleotides (Gen-Probe). HLA-DR - 1, 13          DRB1 - 01, 13 HLA-DQ - 5,6        HLA-DQA1 - 5,6      HLA-DB1 - 05, 06 Interpretation : No genotype susceptibility for coeliac disease.  The DQ2 and DQ8 antigens associated with increased risk of coeliac disease were not identified in this patient.  In the absence of these antigens, coeliac disease is extremely unlikely.   *******************************************************************************   I have read the horror stories of blood tests and scope biopsies not be done right or flawed but here is what I do know as of now, At the moment the most non invasive test I can have done say negative.  I have double scopes (endoscopy and colonoscopy) booked for the 12th of October with results from biopsies expected a week or two after. Chances are they will show, a) signs of coeliac disease (even if the odds are low it can still happen), b) show signs of something else entirely and we will be busy dealing with the ramifications of that or c) it will show no signs of coeliac but I will still be suffering from gluten sensitivity (which is harder/impossible to measure clinically). My GP has told me that stress and anxiety can be a cause of all the symptoms I have been experiencing and suggests if the scopes show nothing that I may benefit from something to treat anxiety, i.e. antidepressants.  Not in a, "Oh we don't know what it is so have these," kind of way, he agrees with the thought that the scopes could indeed show coeliac, something else or even be negative. I did tell him that I could have a sensitivity and that even without benefit of clinical results, some people have gone on a gluten elimination diet for a period of time to see if they get any relief.  My question is this, if the scopes come up negative and I try eliminating gluten, how long would it be before I saw any results or improvements?  I have read enough here and elsewhere to know that everybody is different, some see results within days, some see results longer but are there any guidelines for how long a test like this should be undertaken for?  I have heard everything thing from two weeks to two months.  All of this is entirely moot at this point but I know that even if the results said clear, there would always be a little part of me that wonders if it could be a sensitivity that is the problem.  Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated, and a thank you to all those who have taken the time to respond and offer advice and encouragement so far.        
    • We don't delete accounts but can delete any personal information and change your screen name if you would like. Just send me a personal message with three possible screen names. For the record you can edit most things in your account area with the exception of your screen name.
    • Thanks I never heard of that dye before, I guess I have to find more natural meat thanks for the suggestion. 
    • Yes, I only eat one meal a day. Sometimes salad or fries or whatever I can find. And thanks for the replies again.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Misalina