This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac In The News

watkinson

watkinson Apprentice

I was sitting in my family room last night watching the news on Fox channel 5 when they started talking about this misterious disease that is caused by

eating. <_< Hmm.. I said oh please, let it be about celiacs. Low and behold it was!!! :lol: They did a pretty good job on the whole article, but here's the great news....remember a few months back when we were all talking about sending letters to the show 'HOUSE' on the Fox network to see if they would do a show on celiacs? Well, they finally are!!!!! We must have made an impact!! I didn't catch when they said the episode would be on (I was too busy whooping and hollering) :lol: but I know it will be soon. I can't wait!! The only thing I noticed about the article on the news that wasn't good was when they were talking about symtpoms. Once again only diarreah and weight loss were mentioned. What about constipation and weight gain?

Anyway, We'll take what we can get. I am sooo excited!! :D

If anyone else saw this and caught when th HOUSE show will be on please let me know.

Thanks, Wendy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

redheadheather Explorer

::bump::

I love that show! 2nd anyone who knows when it will air!!

Guest Viola

Yippee!!!! Let's all try and find out the time and Post as soon as we know!

Jnkmnky Collaborator

That's great. I emailed them about a month ago. When they air the show, everyone should send appreciative emails. Just flood them.

Guest Viola

Perhaps we should wait until after we see the show :lol:

mytummyhurts Contributor
Perhaps we should wait until after we see the show  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, really. Hopefully they do a good job. I like "House" though. I'll have to make sure to watch regularly so I don't miss it. That's really cool!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Does anyone know when that show airs? I've never seen house and hadn't even heard of it, but I'll watch a celiac episode--just to see how it's portrayed and stuff, even though I won't know who any of the characters are.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest Viola

Tammy was trying to find out, but she says you can't find out from the web site. So ... she is going to tape every show so she doesn't miss it. If I miss it, she is going to send me the tape :lol: But I will be trying to catch it.

House is a medical show where the head doctor "House" keeps coming up with strange diagnosis. Try watching one, you might like it :rolleyes:

mytummyhurts Contributor

I like it. It's on Fox on Tuesdays at 9, I believe. (Depending on where you live for the time.)

celiac3270 Collaborator

ok...well, if anyone finds out what Tuesday the celiac one is on, let me know!

celiac3270 Collaborator

Ahh...when is the house on? Oh, and I have a question...I checked the site, looking for information on when it might be on (I'm taping this episode tonight just in case) and I found someone had written a 66 chapter story on a Fox message board in which House diagnosed someone as having Celiac. Is that someone from here?

Guest Viola

66Chapters! Wow, someone was ambitious :o Come on who ever it was ... fess up! Good for you .. hope it was someone from here :P

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I hope it wasn't todays show - I don't want to miss it!!!! I haven't watched that show yet, but having seen the commercials for it, it does look really good.....

Karen

jenvan Collaborator

celiac3270--

I came across that story too trying to search for info...

celiac3270 Collaborator

I still don't know if it was the celiac one--didn't look @ the tape yet. Did anyone watch it so they can tell us if it was or not?

Guest Viola

I started to watch it, unfortunately it was the night my whole family decided to phone, so I lost most of the program and didn't catch the end. Just by watch in the pictures (had the mute on with the phone) I don't really think it was. But hope someone can tell us for sure. It started out right with "personality change, anger" problems and stomach pain, but that was as far as I got with it.

Anyone out there can tell us? :rolleyes:

jams Explorer

I didn't see it, however, the season premier is Sept. 13 so I would only assume that it was a rerun (You know what happens when you assume! :unsure: ). I watched regularly last year and didn't see anything about Celiacs. Hopefully we will be able to find out when it airs before so we can pass the word along!

Guest Viola

Oh, I hadn't realized the season starts on the 13th, so you are likely right :D That means I probably didn't miss it :rolleyes: Thanks for that!

michelle4breyer Newbie

:)

I hope it wasn't todays show - I don't want to miss it!!!!  I haven't watched that show yet, but having seen the commercials for it, it does look really good.....

Karen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

michelle4breyer Newbie
I was sitting in my family room last night watching the news on Fox channel 5 when they started talking about this misterious disease that is caused by

eating.  <_<  Hmm.. I said oh please, let it be about celiacs.  Low and behold it was!!! :lol:  They did a pretty good job on the whole article, but here's the great news....remember a few months back when we were all talking about sending letters to the show 'HOUSE' on the Fox network to see if they would do a show on celiacs?  Well, they finally are!!!!!  We must have made an impact!!  I didn't catch when they said the episode would be on (I was too busy whooping and hollering)  :lol:  but I know it will be soon.  I can't wait!!  The only thing I noticed about the article on the news that wasn't good was when they were talking about symtpoms.  Once again only diarreah and weight loss were mentioned.  What about constipation and weight gain? 

Anyway, We'll take what we can get. I am sooo excited!! :D

If anyone else saw this and caught when th HOUSE show will be on please let me know.   

Thanks, Wendy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

michelle4breyer Newbie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love the show HOUSE and an episode about Celiac disease would be so COOL! Let me know when it's airing-although I never have missed an episode, not even a repeat.

Archived