135 replies to this topic

#136 kswan08

kswan08

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

So many things going on in my head after reading the newest posts.
GI doctor doesn't think a second SIBO test is warranted at this time. I did respond to the antibiotic treatment for it.
I can't tolerate melatonin, but the tryptophan info. is something I will look into.
I haven't done a strict elimination diet. I eliminated gluten, soy and lactose but I still eat peanuts, corn-based products, beans, rice, etc.
GI has questions about me having Chrohns but hasn't done anything to test me for it. When I read about it, I don't really fit the description. I think I have big-time food intolerances. I saw an allergist yesterday and will undergo a series of tests in a month. He did blood work yesterday but that never seems to yield any info.

I don't understand why I am so bloated/gassy and really uncomfortable every time I eat and it gets worse in the evening/night. If it's irritable bowel I don't know how to treat that. I tried a fiber supplement and it made me sick.
It's amazing that you, GottaSki" were able to determine what foods made you experience different emotions. I feel like I eat almost nothing every day and I feel less and less hungry, yet still get symptomatic. I guess I really need to commit to a strict elimination diet as well as a food journal.
Some here may relate - I am sole provider and caretaker for my disabled 20 year old daughter and work full time. Finding time for "me" - to take care of me - just seems impossible.
Janpell - It's time - I have to commit to the elimination diet and food journal. I do weigh myself morning and night. Difference of 2lbs at night (higher).
Interesting note: my latest CT still shows generalized inflammation throughout GI track. No one knows why. I'm going to guess and say it's possible food allergies that have really upset my immune system as well as caused chronic inflammation.
Kim

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: