Cranberry Nut Dessert Pie
1 Cup of gluten-free flour mix*
1 Cup of sugar
½ teaspoon of xanthan gum
¼ teaspoon salt
2 Cups fresh cranberries (could use Frozen)
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup melted butter or margarine
2 eggs, beaten
½ teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and xanthan gum.
- Add cranberries and nuts; toss to coat.
- Stir in the butter, eggs and extract.
- Spread into a greased 9 inch pie plate. If the mixture is too loose add a little more flour.
- Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center come out clean.
Good as is or serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream for that special dessert.
* Bette Hagmans Four Flour Mix (from The Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread).
Garfava Bean Flour 2/3 part
Sorghum Flour 1/3 part
Cornstarch 1 part
Tapioca Flour 1 part