Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FruitEnthusiast

Need Encouragement

ashleigh2, you have made four posts here since you joined, and all four of them are either insulting or contain false information.

(I don't know if anyone else noticed, but this poster also said this, in the thread about the work cafeteria:

"2. You can educate your place of employment about what it means to be gluten free (which really means no grain-NO GRAINS AT ALL)"

I kindly explained to her that she was wrong and that many celiacs do fine with things like rice and corn.)

Here at this forum we stick to things that have a basis in scientific truth. If you are as much of an expert as you claim to be, you would have read  REPUTABLE scientific papers and studies and you would KNOW that the things you claim are false. The last thing we need here is to have someone try to mislead newbies and discourage them.

Thanks guys :)  This site has always been helpful and people are so supportive. Getting that one harsh post was a jolt, and I temporarily wondered about whether I wanted to post again. I wasn't going to let it stop me, this site means too much to me, but it has done my heart so much good to read your responses. You guys are the best!

FruitE- I am the first person to tell people to suck it up and fix the issue. Even I didn't think you sounded like you were playing a victim in that post. Sounded like you were trying to handle your problems. Not sure if that poster even read your post.

"2. You can educate your place of employment about what it means to be gluten free (which really means no grain-NO GRAINS AT ALL)"

She said that because she is likely a member of the Gluten Free Society and a " trained professional in gluten awareness". . Let us recall that dr. osborne claims that corn and rice have the kind of gluten protein that makes celiacs sick.   He says this, despite what leading celiac researchers say to the contrary. 

I'm already a gluten free low sugar ovo vegetarian (which is a difficult lifestyle to maintain as is) and I can't even imagine how complicated and limited my diet would be if I had to remove all gluten free grains on top of that!

Sounds like the "Gluten Free Society" is propagating some false information!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...