Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FruitEnthusiast

Need Encouragement

ashleigh2, you have made four posts here since you joined, and all four of them are either insulting or contain false information.

(I don't know if anyone else noticed, but this poster also said this, in the thread about the work cafeteria:

"2. You can educate your place of employment about what it means to be gluten free (which really means no grain-NO GRAINS AT ALL)"

I kindly explained to her that she was wrong and that many celiacs do fine with things like rice and corn.)

Here at this forum we stick to things that have a basis in scientific truth. If you are as much of an expert as you claim to be, you would have read  REPUTABLE scientific papers and studies and you would KNOW that the things you claim are false. The last thing we need here is to have someone try to mislead newbies and discourage them.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Thanks guys :)  This site has always been helpful and people are so supportive. Getting that one harsh post was a jolt, and I temporarily wondered about whether I wanted to post again. I wasn't going to let it stop me, this site means too much to me, but it has done my heart so much good to read your responses. You guys are the best!

Sara  :)   "This life is a test. It is only a test. If it had been an actual life, you would

have received further instructions on where to go and what to do"

"If you're going through hell, keep going" :) Winston Churchill
Histamine Intolerant  Apr 2014

N C Gluten Intolerant dx Feb 2012  Also Intolerant to Rice, Eggs, Nightshades.
Gluten-Free/ Grain-free/ only whole foods prepared at home since  March 2012
Dairy, Soy, Chocolate free since Jan 2012   Sensitive to Corn and Mold since 1995

FruitE- I am the first person to tell people to suck it up and fix the issue. Even I didn't think you sounded like you were playing a victim in that post. Sounded like you were trying to handle your problems. Not sure if that poster even read your post.

"2. You can educate your place of employment about what it means to be gluten free (which really means no grain-NO GRAINS AT ALL)"

She said that because she is likely a member of the Gluten Free Society and a " trained professional in gluten awareness". . Let us recall that dr. osborne claims that corn and rice have the kind of gluten protein that makes celiacs sick.   He says this, despite what leading celiac researchers say to the contrary. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm already a gluten free low sugar ovo vegetarian (which is a difficult lifestyle to maintain as is) and I can't even imagine how complicated and limited my diet would be if I had to remove all gluten free grains on top of that!

Sounds like the "Gluten Free Society" is propagating some false information!

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge