Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

icelandgirl

Mccormick Chili Powder And Montreal Steak

Are these safe? No gluten ingredients, but apparently they are produced on shared lines. I've been using them and wonder if I should be. Thanks

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

When  one  limits  there  gluten-free  products  to only  products  made  in a dedicated  facility it  does  limit  the  gluten-free  choices. I do like  or  wish  they all  had  dedicated  machinery   /processing  but  that  just does not  happen.... there are  people  who are  super-sensitive who  MUST  do this....

Join eNewsletter

When  one  limits  there  gluten-free  products  to only  products  made  in a dedicated  facility it  does  limit  the  gluten-free  choices. I do like  or  wish  they all  had  dedicated  machinery   /processing  but  that  just does not  happen.... there are  people  who are  super-sensitive who  MUST  do this....

I do agree...and really don't want to limit my food choices any more.

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

I don't know that it is for sure. The statements I've read from them indicate that shared lines are used and a thorough cleaning is done. I just wonder if it's enough. I'm not saying they aren't safe...I'm trying to find out if they are. They say they will list any gluten on the ingredient list...I'm just wondering if it's shared lines...is that ok? Do other people use them safely or have issues?

http://www.gfreefoodie.com/are-mccormick-spices-gluten-free/

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

I feel it is important to note that post is five years old and information may have changed since then.  Honestly information 5 years old on manufacturing processes that pre-date the FDA gluten guidelines has more than likely changed.  I recommend writing the company to ask about any shared lines, etc so you can get updated information.

However, Mccormick is used by many on this forum and is considered to be safe, and they always label any gluten source on their products per their website.  I feel no need to investigate further, my cabinet is filled with Mccormick spices.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I hear you Laura. I've been using them. I was buying chili powder yesterday and decided to check to make sure. I couldn't come up with anything that said it was...but saw a couple of things about shared lines. The posts were old...true. I will contact McCormick. Thanks

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

I just found McCormick Gluten Free Chili mix at my local store last week.  It says it is a NEW item and gluten free specifically on the package and makes no mention of shared equipment.  They also make a new gluten free taco mix and brown gravy mix. 

I tried it a few days ago and it was great!  It was even a bit spicier than my old chili mix.  Didn't have any problems from it al all.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter