Rate this topic

The puffiness in my face went down a lot after I went gluten free. Old photos shock me sometimes now!

Your doctor should be able to test you for food intolerance? Here in UK I did tests for wheat, nut, mustard etc. You can do a blood test and there's also skin prick tests I think, am sure others here would know more. 

Good luck :)

I was told by the allergist that there are not tests currently for food intolerance, just testing for allergies.  Maybe it depends on the practitioner that you go to.  That would be a relevant question as well as histamine intolerance testing/treatment when choosing a practitioner.  It is helpful to keep a food log with reactions for reference for yourself and the health care professional that you might consult.

The way to fix food intolerance symptoms is to stop eating the food causing the symptoms.  Dark Angel is right, there are very few tests for food intolerances.  Mostly we have to test ourselves through diet experiments.  Typically an elimination diet of some sort is used.  Eliminating food groups is one way, or cutting back to just a few foods and building from there is another.  Changing your diet is the way to go.