This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Finding a Living parnter with a speical diet.

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

This has probably been addressed many times. But from a personal view point I keep on looking for someone with a similar diet, who can put up with me and my broken self, and we can live together running my cooking side job, and supporting each other. Odd as this might sound I have a non existent understanding of love and more just want a living partner to help support me and I can help. Dating sites have been a miss for years, found a few people and made friends but no one that has this kind of diet or would be willing to stick to it. Dried all kinds of dating meet ups, dating apps, dating sites. even a gluten-free dedicated one to no avail..........

Anyone have any suggestions? Heck perhaps even start a dating or "Looking for room mate/living partner" thread. Just so annoying and drives you crazy being isolated by this diet and lifestyle, in a huge house, stuck talking to your self pacing for hours going slowly insane. Too broke to even go out and do most things or enjoy myself mostly due to medical, and food expenses....

I have aspergers, (think sheldon from big bang theory) Celiac, Ulcerative colitis, supposedly was previously diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, Bipolar, and a few other things but these all calmed down on a gluten-free diet. I have a whole list of allergies and intolerance (check my profile) . I work out daily, 5' 11'' and 128lbs   love watching anime, playing video games in the evening. And I have a obsession with power walking or biking 10-14miles a day. For fun I like going to anime conventions, theme park when I can, working with firearms, cooking, and cosplay.

YES I JUST TRIED A DATING PROFILE

Random rant done, hopefully something good comes of it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jmg Mentor

Good for you Ennis. I hope you find someone to appreciate your creativity when it comes to food preparation. I've been on my own for some time now. I don't know if I want to subject someone else to the paranoia of ordering food etc. It's lonely at times but I've gotten used to it a lot more now. :( 

cyclinglady Grand Master

Good for you Ennis!  

kareng Grand Master

We have joked on here that we should get a job at a GI office.  That would give us access to poeple being diagnosed!  Lol   

I think that the best way to meet a life partner is to meet lots of people....or be really lucky.  But, when you meet lots of people, they  know lots of people for you to meet.  Being active in something you enjoy, helps you meet others doing that.  I have known several marriages that met in on-line forums for gaming or such things.  

Maybe you don't need someone to be as restrictive in thier diet as you are? My husband is not gluten-free but willing to eat gluten-free most of the time at home or maintain proper care with his gluteny stuff.  My grown ( mostly) boys eat gluten-free at home, because that is what the cook is making.  My one son has a friend with Celiac - when she wants to eat or cook with him,  they eat gluten-free.

Maybe gluten-free in your home is the only way for you.  But, for other foods, if you think you can't eat "x", does it matter if a roommate eats it? 

Ennis-TX Grand Master
6 hours ago, kareng said:

We have joked on here that we should get a job at a GI office.  That would give us access to poeple being diagnosed!  Lol   

I think that the best way to meet a life partner is to meet lots of people....or be really lucky.  But, when you meet lots of people, they  know lots of people for you to meet.  Being active in something you enjoy, helps you meet others doing that.  I have known several marriages that met in on-line forums for gaming or such things.  

Maybe you don't need someone to be as restrictive in thier diet as you are? My husband is not gluten-free but willing to eat gluten-free most of the time at home or maintain proper care with his gluteny stuff.  My grown ( mostly) boys eat gluten-free at home, because that is what the cook is making.  My one son has a friend with Celiac - when she wants to eat or cook with him,  they eat gluten-free.

Maybe gluten-free in your home is the only way for you.  But, for other foods, if you think you can't eat "x", does it matter if a roommate eats it? 

Yep pretty much I do not care if they eat several things I can not, it is the ones I am trace sensitive to. Gluten, Corn, Dairy, Peanuts are the ones that cc can make me sick. Few of the things I can not eat I love the flavor of, I just can not consume them as they are more of a intolerance. I love cooking with these and getting to try a bit of them before spitting it back out lol. Sounds odd but when you know you can not digest meats, or carbs (beans, rice, potatoes)  correctly but they otherwise do not bother you, or certain seasonings that irritate you, it sorta becomes a guilty pleasure to cut a bit off when cooking for someone set it a side and try just chewing it to taste it before spitting it out.

• 4 months later...
Victoria1234 Experienced
On 4/5/2017 at 5:17 AM, Ennis_TX said:

t sorta becomes a guilty pleasure to cut a bit off when cooking for someone set it a side and try just chewing it to taste it before spitting it out.

Does this really work? Or were you joking? It's got me all excited.....

Ennis-TX Grand Master
19 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

Does this really work? Or were you joking? It's got me all excited.....

Not with corn, peanuts, dairy, or gluten obviously, but I can not digest meats, or eat gluten free foods like beans, rice, etc. Those are the ones, Like cook a steak, chicken or fish meal for someone, when done cut off a piece and set it aside and when done with everything I try it myself and chew the meat for awhile tasting the wonderful flavors making sure it is "cooked and seasoned right" before spitting it out knowing I can not really digest it. These are not things that I am trace sensitive to and I cook them gluten, corn, etc free of things I have allergies to. I did this last week cooking up a Mexican rice and bean dish with fajita chicken for my dads shop for a luncheon. I set some of each dish aside and chewed some of it and spat it into the trash can. I could then get to try it, and know I made it PERFECT.   In hindsight and if you watch some chef shows you notice they also tend to do this tasting trick....I think mines a bit more health department approved as I set it aside and carry off to try away from the cooking area.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Victoria1234 Experienced
11 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

Not with corn, peanuts, dairy, or gluten obviously, but I can not digest meats, or eat gluten free foods like beans, rice, etc. Those are the ones, Like cook a steak, chicken or fish meal for someone, when done cut off a piece and set it aside and when done with everything I try it myself and chew the meat for awhile tasting the wonderful flavors making sure it is "cooked and seasoned right" before spitting it out knowing I can not really digest it. These are not things that I am trace sensitive to and I cook them gluten, corn, etc free of things I have allergies to. I did this last week cooking up a Mexican rice and bean dish with fajita chicken for my dads shop for a luncheon. I set some of each dish aside and chewed some of it and spat it into the trash can. I could then get to try it, and know I made it PERFECT.   In hindsight and if you watch some chef shows you notice they also tend to do this tasting trick....I think mines a bit more health department approved as I set it aside and carry off to try away from the cooking area.

Wish we were neighbors then me and my husband could help you with your business. But NC and Texas are too far away!

ok now I get it about chewing and spitting. Good idea. All your food always sounds soooo good

Archived