Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teacher1578

Navigating gluten-free And Casein Free

I was Dx 11/04. Now thinking I need to avoid dairy. I am trying to educate myself about dairy free and casein free. I am a bit confused. Any advice would be much appreciated. For example, brands to eat, what to look out for, are eggs okay? Thanks again! ---Jessica

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i'm casein free, and i eat eggs, if i didn't, i would have like no protein. For milk, i like Almond Breeze vanilla almond milk, and then you pacific rice milk for baking. Rice Dream is NOT gluten-free, it has barley in it. I like Whole Fruit sorbet for my dessert, it is really good, and they are all gluten-free/CF, and very tastey. there is a website Gluten-free Casein-free.org i think, and they have a lot of good resources, w/ a recipe book and a shopping guide to buy online. they are for autistic children, but they have some really good resources for gluten-free/Cf diets.

To look out for. Sodium/potassium lactate is a really common preservative, whey is bad, and basically chese, milk, butter and other stuff like that.

YOu can PM me or e-mail me with some more questions,

it should make you feel better.

Molly

i'm casein free, and i eat eggs, if i didn't, i would have like no protein. For milk, i like Almond Breeze vanilla almond milk, and then you pacific rice milk for baking. Rice Dream is NOT gluten-free, it has barley in it. I like Whole Fruit sorbet for my dessert, it is really good, and they are all gluten-free/CF, and very tastey. there is a website Gluten-free Casein-free.org i think, and they have a lot of good resources, w/ a recipe book and a shopping guide to buy online. they are for autistic children, but they have some really good resources for gluten-free/Cf diets.

To look out for. Sodium/potassium lactate is a really common preservative, whey is bad, and basically chese, milk, butter and other stuff like that.

YOu can PM me or e-mail me with some more questions,

it should make you feel better.

Thanks so much for the advice. I am still deciding if I want to go that route because I love yogurt. Also, what to use instead of butter and cheese? I also dont know if casein is really the reason I dont feel well. I was diagnosed 11/05, not 11/04. So I still dont feel well even eliminating gluten. Just trying to figure it all out.