This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I think mold is a factor for me but not THE factor.

I'm kind of at the point that I dont really think there's any ONE factor for me. Even if mercury tipped the scales for me....I'm not really focused on it as a MAIN issue anymore.

The more I'm learning the more it just makes sense that alot of it comes down to genetics. Half of it is probably having to do with the genetic weaknesses and the other half is the toxic exposures.

I dont really care now which toxin put me over the edge because I think at this point the only way that I can recover is to support (or bypass) whatever weaknesses took me down this path to begin with.

This is more where my attention is right now because I think it makes the most sense to me with regards to the rise in chronic illness, autoimmune disease, chronic infection, autism, MCS, etc.

The rapid increase in environmental toxins in recent decades has surpassed the body

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

I haven't had much in testing done.

What I have had done is Enterolab (including the gene test), Hair analysis, ELISA IgE/IgG and then ART/ASYRA.

The hair analysis told me mercury (metals) is a problem and the gene test told me I have one of the celiac genes. The ELISA test gave me problem foods to remove from my diet and helped bring S to a better point when he was a baby. Going through the diet changes (before enterolab) helped his eczema as I was gluten lite.

I can't really comment on ART for myself and family as we haven't really had a full session, aside from T maybe. But she still had the ASYRA first. We aren't chronically ill though so maybe it's better in those situations. For us, it shaved down time (and money) from having a long ART session for all of us. We were planning on hour sessions a piece this year but now that won't happen.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Oh....its simple. :D

1. Dump a little bit of powder into your hand (sometimes way too much comes out of the box though).

2. Spread that under your arm.

3. Dust off the "excess" powder.

4. Put on your shirt and you're ready to go. :D

Only thing is that the powder ends up on the sink counter. I just wipe it up with the towel my mom has there.....ya know the one thats meant to be "DECORATION". :ph34r:

Oh, I might be way too OCD for this, ROFL! That white powder everywhere would drive me crazy!

Decoration towel .... :lol:

confused Community Regular

April,

I know it was mold, i have seen enough mold in the last few years to know what mold looks like.

carla,

Im thinking i would be too ocd with the baking soda also, unless i could just throw it on while im still in the shower and it can just mix in with the detox bath lol.

paula

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Im thinking i would be too ocd with the baking soda also, unless i could just throw it on while im still in the shower and it can just mix in with the detox bath lol.

Paula...dont try to put it on in the shower! :lol:

You'll end up with pasty clumps of baking soda sticking to your underarms. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, I'm finally feeling better! I have fibro pain, air hunger, and diarrhea (but not so bad that I can't leave the house). Other than that, I feel pretty normal. I also have a sore throat, but I think I'm so used to that I barely notice it. The air hunger isn't as bad as it was ... it's still constant, but at least if I focus I can get a full breath where before I could not no matter what I did.

I have been busy from the time I got up until now. I still feel up to cooking dinner. The weakness and crushing fatigue has let up. So has the feeling that if I move I'll stir up more toxins .... which seemed to happen as I would feel horrible even after only walking a short distance ... I only felt reasonably good lying still.

Oh, and I'm only taking one shower a day, LOL. I still smell worse than I would like, but not so bad as it was.

I'm also on almost all my meds and supps again. I guess I need to be careful and get enough rest (not just sleep) so that I can continue to get better.

This has been so strange ... who would have thought that getting rid of the mold would make me feel bad?! That was the only change that was made ..... just getting rid of the bed.

Paula...dont try to put it on in the shower! :lol:

You'll end up with pasty clumps of baking soda sticking to your underarms. :lol:

Well i would dry off first. I dry off in the tub lol. So the rest would just fall into the tub with the other water that is still draining lol.

I am feeling so awesome today. I have cleaned the house from top to bottom. Made the kids breakfast, lunch and now im making an nice dinner of steak, crab legs, baked potatoes and veggies. I also repainted the banister. Hubby and i cleaned up the backyard when he got off work. I still have to iron and get clothes togehter for the kids, since they have school pics tommorow.

There is only one thing wrong when i have these good days tho. I have swept the living room like 13 times lol. When hubby came home he was like boy does the house look good lol. Oh i forgot i also worked out for an hour this morning.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Well, I'm finally feeling better! I have fibro pain, air hunger, and diarrhea (but not so bad that I can't leave the house). Other than that, I feel pretty normal. I also have a sore throat, but I think I'm so used to that I barely notice it. The air hunger isn't as bad as it was ... it's still constant, but at least if I focus I can get a full breath where before I could not no matter what I did.

I have been busy from the time I got up until now. I still feel up to cooking dinner. The weakness and crushing fatigue has let up. So has the feeling that if I move I'll stir up more toxins .... which seemed to happen as I would feel horrible even after only walking a short distance ... I only felt reasonably good lying still.

Oh, and I'm only taking one shower a day, LOL. I still smell worse than I would like, but not so bad as it was.

I'm also on almost all my meds and supps again. I guess I need to be careful and get enough rest (not just sleep) so that I can continue to get better.

This has been so strange ... who would have thought that getting rid of the mold would make me feel bad?! That was the only change that was made ..... just getting rid of the bed.

Yayy carla. Isnt it great to feel great. Hmm i wonder how we will both feel tommorow lol

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, I didn't say "great"! ;) I didn't actually do as much as you. :)

I sat down to play flute at Mass this week, I generally stand. I took a Norco right before Mass to calm the pain. Then I went to Starbucks, watched my son play football, my daughter play softball, went to the grocery, cooked and ate dinner, now getting a shower, then relaxing. So, I should feel okay tomorrow. :D

I'll be glad when I can get some cleaning done again. LOL

It's just nice feeling some improvement and not feeling like I have to lie down all day.

mftnchn Explorer

Great news, both of you!

ShadowSwallow Newbie

(Today's my 18th birthday :D)

Has anyone else taken Spleen Terrain by Apex Energetics? Every time I've taken in the past few days I've felt awful. This is the description from the company's website:

Adrenal and lymphatic support are integral part of this special Spleen formula. The health of the spleen is supported using several plant bud extracts encouraging drainage activity. Litho elements support the immune's anti-parasidal function. The health of the mucous membranes are supported as well. The related meridians of liver, kidney, lung and lymphs are balanced based on their correlation to the spleen.

I'm thinking that the reason I feel bad is because it's helping stimulate my immune system (has colostrum in it) and is causing a small herx (plus, my nose gets runny after I take it). I'm going to lay it off and see if I feel as good as I did before. Plus, I'm now away from the mold. I'm going to cut that patch out of the carpet the moment I get home.

Happy 18th Birthday. What did you do for your birthday. To be 18 again would be heaven lol.

Carla,

You stayed at church today, so that is great. Even if u sat down, you still particiapated. That is great from last week. Its funny i hear what you did today, and it seems so much more then what i did lol

paula

Great news, both of you!

Thanks sherry. I am so running out of energy now tho and its only after 7pm. I still have so much to do, ughhhh.

paula

mftnchn Explorer

Happy birthday Birdie!

I'm not familiar with that supplement but you sound intolerant to me. I take nattokinase and poke root to help lymph.

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

Glad you're feeling better today. :)

Paula,

You must be feeling much better to get all that work done! :D Hope you still feel well tomorrow.

Birdy,

Happy 18th Birthday!!! :D :D :D

CarlaB Enthusiast

Happy Birthday Birdy!!!!!!

Carla,

You stayed at church today, so that is great. Even if u sat down, you still particiapated. That is great from last week. Its funny i hear what you did today, and it seems so much more then what i did lol

paula

Yes, that is an improvement!

But I didn't do anything physical except drive my car. :) I just sat and watched .... except for playing my flute, but playing my flute seems to make me feel better.

Thanks, Andrea and Sherry.

I got some sun today too. B)

mftnchn Explorer

I'm noticing that I am now having some symptoms when I take my B vitamines and glutathione. I also had what I can only describe as a mild anxiety attack last Saturday, after taking my reduced dosage mold shot. I've never noticed this type of reaction before but noticed it today again with the shots.

Since my LLMD gave me a "range" of dosage and I am mostly taking the top dosage, I'll cut back and see if that helps. Maybe I am now absorbing enough that I just don't need it and am overdosing. Hope it is that rather than a developed sensitivity.

Sherry

dlp252 Apprentice

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BIRDY!!!

AndreaB Contributor
Maybe I am now absorbing enough that I just don't need it and am overdosing. Hope it is that rather than a developed sensitivity.

Hope so too.

Well im glad i had an good day yesterday. I am back to feeling like death. I had an bad reaction to diner last night. Im guessing it was the mercury in the crab legs. All i know is i hate life today.

paula

confusedks Enthusiast

I saw Dr H yesterday...he's happy with my progress and wants me to continue on all my meds and supplements. He added Protonix because I am having severe stomach pain (radiating to chest pain, rib pain, throat pain) that he said sounds like a stomach ulcer, so he is going to just start me on it to see if it helps.

I had to call his office today to ask what I can do in the mean time because the pain is horribly unbearable. I haven't slept in a few days because its such sharp, unrelenting pain. When I don't have the pain though, I am still doing pretty good. Trying to just slowly do things because I want to do everything....FAST! :)

I also saw my hematologist on Friday and he wants me to call him tomorrow for blood results. If my ferritin is low, he wants me to get IV Infed, but he stopped giving that 5 years ago because 3 out of 4 of his patients went into anaphylactic shcok from it. Needless to say, I don't know what we're going to do if my iron gets low and I need more IV's, because Dr H said NO STEROIDS!!!! <_<

I will keep everyone updated when I get a chance.

CarlaB Enthusiast

That's great news that you're doing so well Kassandra.

I felt horrible today. I think the constant diarrhea is finally catching up with me. I was really weak today. I didn't do anything.

mftnchn Explorer

Kassandra, for ulcers (usually h pylori) what really helped me was Mastica--mastic gum. But I was on a couple other things too initially. Sure hope the pain eases soon!

mftnchn Explorer
I felt horrible today. I think the constant diarrhea is finally catching up with me. I was really weak today. I didn't do anything.

Oh oh. Can you make an electrolye type drink to help replace what you are losing?

I'm doing okay in spite of symptoms, not severe enough to undermine daily function.

A Donna siting, LOL! Wish we'd hear from Julie. Its been quite a while, and I wonder if she is doing ok.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'm glad you are functional through the symptoms, Sherry.

I was really in bad shape today. I never even got dressed. I'm going to shower now and go back to bed.

I put some trace minerals in my water. Also sea salt (Real Salt). Part of the problem is that whenever I eat .... well, you know. This is a previous symptom. I am wondering if this is a healing reaction??? Sometimes when you're getting better your body revisits old issues that weren't fixed the first time around. Let's hope it's that. :)

Archived